How can someone agree that there stuck with you forever and then just leave you?

53

Most Helpful Girl

• That's why I never say things like that, because you just don't know what will happen. People can fall out of love with each other.

The chances of you only being compatible with one human male on the entire planet is pretty damned low, so don't convince yourself you've lost The One.

• We'll they say there's only one person for you

• "They" also say there's plenty more fish in the sea. "They" also say if things are meant to be they are meant to be. "They" say a lot, doesn't make it all true.

• True

What Guys Said 3

• People change over time, and not always in a good way. Forever is a long time, after all, especially if you got together very young, before your lives were on their path, so to speak.

• We didn't get together too young and he said this in the last year of our relationship, it's not like this was said at the beginning

• He didn't sound scared earlier on, did he? Why would he be scared now?

• We'll I don't know he never seem scared because we literally talked about all that important stuff. He did always tell me he wasn't ready for a future commitment so that's why I thought of this and I kept asking him for one basically

• People don't do things without a reason. Maybe they changed their mind, maybe there was too much drama, not enough sex, or just not feeling appreciated in general.

• No to all of those. I don't know how there could of been too much drama

• In that case, there is nothing you can do about it but find someone else who is more honest about their feelings.

• I can't I keep thinking he's the one. I'm trying just for the fact that he's not coming around anytime soon but I don't really want to or feel anything for anyone else.

• that comes from some kind of major breakdown in a relationship. Something that was strong in the beginning and for a long time is now gone.

• Yeah but they agreed in the last year we were together that they were stuck with me forever, it wasn't like at the beginning of our relationship

• No communication will break down whatever is left of the relationship. And I'm saying if I were him and in his position.

• But when we hang out we talk and recently I told him he could still tell me anything but that's not working and neighter is hanging out with him. I just keep thinking he's ready because of his actions towards me and he's not

What Girls Said 4

• I guess for you guys the next natural step would be marriage, but he isn't there yet. And since he can't imagine that at this point for whatever possible reason, he figured something is wrong and not meant to be.

• We'll I did always talk to him about this and he always told me he wasn't ready

• What do you mean I don't have the time to wait? If there's hope and he just needs time shouldn't I wait?
      On my end I did see breaking up was like a split second decision because the day n
      before that we were perfectly normal cuddling on the couch.
      What did you think about the fact that he always comes back to contact me when I try and ignore him?

• It has happened two times already that I ignore him then he contacts me outta know we're

• Who need them? blah not me of course!

• This happened to me before and I was devastated. I realize they can change their mind in like one day. Words are just words to them sometimes they realized they don't even know what they want.

• Right I don't think he knows what he wants but I know I want him. So did tours ever come back

• Oh see mines not adding any girl on Facebook and I checked the dating site sites and he's not there. When I asked him he seemed calm so I know he is not lying.
      but see you said your ex came back to you so maybe he didn't want to see anyone else.

• Also he's a shy guy and a homebody so I don't really think that he can find someone else

• Are you asking why guys make promises to stay together and talk future but they leave anyway?

• Basically

• Story of my life. It's happened twice in the last 6 months. It's terrible.

• Try after being with someone for 2 and a half years. I don't get why they do it, I mean we were always talking long-term like houses or whatnot