What is the least painful/ nicest way to reject someone?

To make it short, I have a friend who is deep deep in my friendzone whose been trying to get passed that for nearly a year. I don't know what to do.

We dated nearly two years ago, briefly, and he broke up with me. After that he wanted a second chance, but he completely blew it. Now for the past year he's been trying to fix things between us (bring it up the few times we hang out, comment on my pictures, flirt when we message, even tell me he isn't able to develop interest in any other girl anymore), but I've gotten passed the whole thing that I could never develop feeling for him- other than friends.

What's the best way to FINALLY get him to understand that? I feel bad because I'm passive and kind by nature and he seems so damn confident in being able to get what he wants. :( Plus there's someone else on my mind. I don't know how to tell him, esp. b/c I don't even wanna hang out again, which he was been insisting on FOREVER.

Help? Please !

76

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, in this case I would just say you blew it, I'm over you and I have someone else in mind.
    Generally, I don't know I haven't figured out how to reject a guy without getting called a bitch or slut.

• I agree with this, girls really can't say anything without a guy getting bitter. It's best to be firm.

• It's not your problem. Just be straight up. I've already accepted that I'm a bitch and a virgin slut.

• Thanks ^

What Guys Said 6

• Go out with you. . . eeewww gross!!

• Tell him that you like someone else and then lie. Tell him that you know someone who likes him. ;) (or kill him)

• In this situation being easy on him might not get him the message you have to b blunt but nice.

Something like "I'm just not into you anymore, you had your chances and you blew them both"

• Thanks. But don't you think that would make me look rude or like a bitch? If a girl told you that directly, how would you take it, or how would that make her look?

• But you've known each other for a while, so yes it might come of as rather harsh, but you can't go through life being afraid to pull the trigger, and you can still say that nicely, being blunt doesn't always mean being nasty, blunt is just not beating round the bush

• "sorry but we cannot continue anymore"

this is da best in my opinion... always... 8)

• I only want guys with da bic D 👌🏼

• Say im sorry butvi just want to be friends.

What Girls Said 6

• I would just let him know you like someone else.

I would also nicely let him know that he blew it with me and I am just not interested anymore

• Just tell him that you really think it's better for you two to stay friends because you have a very good friendship.

• just be honest if you're not interested. being nice gives false hope

• Swerve :PPP

• there isn't really

• say ur not intrested or use the line 'I have a boyfriend'