IF a person was sick, is that reason enough to divorce?

Let's say one partner is sick, and the other isn't.

Is divorcing, so that the other partner who isn't sick can move on with her life and get re-married etc. ethically wrong?

I'm not the one in question, I'm simply curious, because I'm sure these things happen?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• It depend how bad the situation is. I think I would wait for fair time for her but if she can't have sex life that will be bad and I'm hot guy. So in my case I can marry 4 women I will ask her permission to marry another women or divorce her and marry another women. But I think a sick women will prefer her husband marry another women than divorce or cheat her. Also I won't take this step until I do my best bc it will be unfair for marriage life I mean I won't marry once she sick but will wait as I can will do my best bc couples should sacrifice for each other and handle tough times. But as I mention I'm hot guy and I like sex a lot so I prefer to marry another women after I do my best.

What Guys Said 3

• When you get married, you make a promise to your partner and to God that you will stand by your partner "in sickness and in health until death us do part." Is it ethically wrong to break that promise? Is it any different than breaking the promise of fidelity?

• It's pathetic, isn't part of the reason for getting married , that you put up with those things.

• I'm not the one in question, I'm simply wondering

• it's kinda wrong, I would say it depends on the age. if I was young and sick, id want her to move on

What Girls Said 3

• I would think that's pretty fucked up, especially since you're supposed to be with someone "for better or worse" not simply "for better".

But you can get a divorce for anything. I'm sure the courts may not be sympathetic to YOU (if you were to do this) though.

And that person may get sicker because of the stress of the divorce.

• I'm not the one in question

• I should have made it more clear. "YOU" meant "anyone going through this in general". Not you specifically.

• No, that's not reason enough.

• Imagine yourself being sick and your partner left you because of it... God that would be so terrible so before any decision imagin yourself in their shoes when in those situation you need him/her more than anything and they left.