Is it worse when a woman, especially an attractive woman gets dumped than when a man gets dumped?

I broke up with a very attractive woman last year. She is not a bad person, but just a bit of a princess with high expectations.

This is a woman who gets hit on frequently and everywhere. I think she made a mistake by telling me that she was the one who always breaks it off with guys (with only one exception).

We have been somewhat cordial since the breakup since we share a mutal friend and are somewhat in the same circle. There are times I am tempted to try to reconcile. Maybe because she is beautiful, maybe because I feel guilty that she cried when I broke it off and she did reach out to me afterwards. I am not sure.

But, I am told that when a man breaks off with a woman, especially a beautiful one, it is much more of a blow to the ego than a woman does it to a man. My ex may be waiting for me to try to get her back and then hurt me to even the score.

Any thoughts? Especially from the ladies? Are y'all the ones who are used to doing the dumping? Is it a major shock if a guy dumps you

Thanks.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• im like this. I actually broke up with the guy and cut him off. he chased me for a little while but I kept ignoring him until he said fuck it. months later I felt bad because I missed him so much and realized that I was wrong for shutting him out when I was hurt and not giving him a chance and telling him how I felt. so I reached out to him and he ignored me. I was sooo hurt I've never felt this way before. I could literally have damn near any guy I want but I just wanted him. now I know to just be more open about my feelings and give a guy a chance. he wasn't an angel at all but I could have at least talked things over with him.. it took me 2 years to get over him. my friends kept telling me to just get over him but I can't believe he just ignored me like that

What Girls Said 4

• Both is equally bad.

• it all depends on the person.

• I disagree, I think everyone handles it differently regardless of their level of attractiveness and gender

• I think it mainly depends on the feelings involved and how much each person cares for the other, but beautiful people (especially women) tend to have a lot of options. So that can help in recovering and moving on from a break-up.

What Guys Said 2

• no it's equally bad in my opinion... wot's the difference?

• "My ex may be waiting for me to try to get her back and then hurt me to even the score."

That's exactly right, and it's why you don't want to go down that road. Beautiful women rarely get rejected; many of them don't know how to handle it at first.

• ha ha.. thanks, man.. sometimes, she has been friendly with me after the breakup. other times, she has flirted with guys in my presence. I have always taken the high road, remained civil, and never reached out to her.

she and another ex have also told me that their exes always maintain contact with them. this is exactly why I do no such thing.

don't get me wrong, though. my ex is hot and the temptation is there.

• That's completely understandable; we've all been there. Just remember that underneath that exceptionally beautiful exterior is a scorned woman who is patiently plotting revenge.

• Thanks.. I have to remind myself of that every time I see or think about that amazing figure and gorgeous face.

I guess there is a reason why that saying "stay away from beautiful women."