Is it a good idea to be friends with an ex?

My ex and I broke up like 5 months ago now and we haven't seen each other since. we have been talking on and off a little bit since. He wants to see me again to just hang out and be friends. I don't know if its a good idea or not. Im not sure if I'm over him or not but I do miss hanging out with him.

So what do you think?

Thanks in advance xo

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Just an opinion. If i say to an ex i want to 'just hangout and be friends' i'm actually trying to figure out a way to get back with her. I think that anything that you do with an ex might spark old feelings, good or bad. If you're okay with that or that actually fits your agenda then getting back in touch with your ex is not a bad idea.

What Guys Said 3

• Difficult question. I decided to stay friends with my first love after we broke up and I still had this desire to be with her. But when she suddenly had a new boyfriend it really hurt me down inside and I got sadder and sadder and felt incredibly miserable about myself. I had thoughts like " Why is all that happening? What did I do wrong? " , which also made me doubt myself a lot. The heartache will eat you up innerly.

I would ban him from your life if he got a new girlfriend if I were you.

Otherwise, try to find out how he feels about your relationship, it's no rare occurrence that exes get back together. But listen to your intuition, our human instincts are pretty reliable in such situations. Good luck.

• It's a great idea.

• No it's no lt ok... My relationship is now over because my girlfriend decided to cheat on me with her "ex"
    That's what happens when u keep in contact with your ex...

What Girls Said 3

• If you want to get over someone then being friends with them is NOT a good idea ever. It's not possible to just be friends with someone you love and care about. You'll get hurt in the long run especially if they find someone new. You'll always have a hope in your heart being around them which is unhealthy and prevents you from moving on and finding someone else.

• Yeah good idea, but stay away if you find out you're not over him.

• I couldn't stay friends with my ex. Because he kept saying I miss you in a different way. Can't we be like before? So it wasn't for me