Girls, Do women prefer that an ex ignore or remain cordial?

I dated a woman briefly last year, but I broke things off with her. She cried at the time and made some effort to reach oit to me shortlly afterwards. I felt very guilty as she is not a bad person, but a bit of a princesss. She is very beautiful woman who is used to having guys fall at her feet. She also made the mistake of telling me that she was the one who always broke it off with guys. Finally, because she is gorgeous, her friends and her family expected her to marrry wealthy, which I am not. I found all this very off putting.

The problem is that we are somewhat in the same circle and share a mutual friend, so we run into each other occasionally. At first, I ignored her because I didn't want to be the creepy ex boyfriend. She also pulled some silly stunts like flirting with guys in front of me. To her credit, one time she did approach me to say hi. Anyway, I don't know if she did this to make peace or because she expected me to chase her back. I did not. But, I did say hi to her the following time and felt a cold draft.

The last time we saw each other, we ignored each other at first. I thought this was silly, so I went right up to her, said hello, complimented her on her appearance (she said likewise about me), remembered that it was her birthday coming up and offered to buy her a birthday drink. She declined as she already had a drink, but said I could buy her one later. Later never came as we hung out for with our respective friends for the remainder of the evening before I left.

So, was my behavior with the last time too much? Too creepy? Was complimenting her on her looks and offering to buy a drink overstepping my bounds

I don't want enemies, but I also don't like being creepy towards women.

What do the ladies think

Thanks.

ladies, thank you all for the opinions. to be clear, i do not call or text my ex at all (or any of the others for that matter).

this ex did not cheat on me or did anything horrible. she is not a bad woman. i ended it because i think she has some issues as do i.

however, as previously stated, we are in the same circle and run into each other about once or month. I want to make it clear that she is not my enemy even if we can't be friends.

6

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't like the idea of keeping an ex around...
    if i have to see them for some reason, like in class or they go to the same gym or we work togther, then definitely coridal. but if there isn't a need to see them, i don't like keeping any ties with them at all...

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know your whole situation, but based solely off the evidence you presented I would say be cordial with her. As long as she knows there won't be anything between you guys, I think you're better off. As for your behavior the second time, I think it was an extension of the olive branch.
    Personally I'm friends with a lot of my exes, but it all depends on who they are and how the relationship played out.

• I just remain cordial and want the same

• I think cordial is nice. What you did was fine not creepy. You want to remain cordial but not overly friendly to give mixed signals.

• depends on why you guys broke up I usally remain coridal but if your ex did something truly unforgiveable then ignore

• I prefer an ex to move on with his life because, that's what I do.