Separated still live together, sleep in different parts of the house, when is it a good time to discuss seeing other people?

Marriage been over for some time. Raising children together. I'm ready to start dating And living again. How to bring this up to soon to be exact. We're not in love, andive like roommates who share kids. How to bring up dating other people, and should there be rules because we still share the home? There's no reason at all but I do at times feel guilty in pursuing other relationships. So, help me out how to bring this topic about?

Please forgive The typo's... I believe everyone who offer an opinion is smart And will figure it out 😊. Thanks for ur time.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's time
    You have it in your head that's when you are ready

What Guys Said 4

• bring it up as it is i suppose... guess he'd not mind if u r "just" roomates 8)

• I don't think he would, but some men And there ego. You know how that goes. 😞

• it's a minefield given your past relationship and kids. For the kdss' sake, you should not bring new people into their life unless you're at the point of moving in with someone else.

And you shouldn't bring casual dates into this arrangement ever. Don't bring them into this home.

• I think everyone is a bit confused, I'd like to make it clear. At The moment I'm not looking for anything serious until my current situation is completely over. I don't need a daddy for my children, I've chosen an excellent father.
      I'm not looking introduced anyone to my kids. It's no need. Or have multiple people running in and out their lives. I don't trust others around my children anyway... The question is when will it be OK to bring up dating other people to my soon to be ex-husband.

• About 2 weeks after your sexual relationship ended would be a good enough time.

Married or not, it shouldn't be different from any other estranged ex-lovers. You have a financial contract, and that's all.

• That would be a devastating thing to do to your children.

• With all do respect, my kids have nothing to do with me dating someone unless I'm planning on marriage for the second time. I'm not looking for a father for my kids. He's a excellent dad. Just a bit so great husband. And 9 X out of 10 my boyfriend wouldn't even be around my kids unless we're serious.

• It's already hard enough for your kids, I'm sure, that their parents are living separately, but now, to bring some other stranger into the scene? You may think that has nothing to do with your kids, but it has everything do to with them. And if it becomes serious, ever, more so. Right now, you kids need support, and stability, more than anything.

• Ok, we'll thanks for your opinion. I feel it doesn't have a single thing to do with them our children has our undivided attention always. And guess what, if it comes to another serious relationship I'll make sure they man sees it The same way and if he doesn't he don't belong. My children come first believe that! Thanks again

What Girls Said 3

• There should be rules in place yes, in my opinion, if you're going to date try not to bring the date home, or make sure your ex is out if you do. Don't introduce another man to your kids unless the relationship is definitely serious, and if your kids don't seem to like for more than just liking their dad better, then dump him. Kids have a good sense about these things and I wish my own Dad would have realised that when he moved on with a new partner.

Probably best not to talk about your new partner around your ex to avoid the jealousy from coming up and boiling over, that would cause problems not just for you but for the kids too.

Your kids have almost everything to do with your dating too. Doesn't seem like it but they do. If your guy doesn't like kids, chances are he won't like yours. In turn they won't like him. Dump him. If your kids seem to get a weird vibe from him (you'd be able to tell if they act awkwardly around him for more than just the first few initial meetings) check his history with friends/family maybe even a few past relationships, and if it's not great news. Dump him.
    The kids will hinder dating a little, but they always come first until they're old enough to support themselves.

It would though, in terms of your ex, be more beneficial to live in separate households. Neither of you will like it, the kids won't like it, but it will save broken hearts getting hurt even more in the long run. And save animosity from bubbling up and boiling over.

Nothing I say is solid fact, this is simply coming from one of the casualties of split parents. And horrid new partners.

• Maybe on a weekend, over beer and wine.

Rule no 1 should probably be: Never bring the date home.
    Rule no 2 should probably be: Never let the children know until it's serious.

• Well when he has time.. tell him you have something to say.. and then start out slowly and have a gentle voice C: