Do you think I'm right to do this?

My parents divorced about 1 and a half years ago (I'm 15) but they were fighting since I was 11 so I was crying constantly asking "why would God do this to me? What did I do to make him so mad?" My grades lowered and my friends could tell I was a very different person from that carefree person always speaking his mind to a person who didn't raise his hand in class, and didn't talk at all, to anyone. I couldn't even say the word Divorce without being mad, sad, or both. My brother couldn't help me either because he was in The Marines. I decided that I never ever want to go through that so I just gave up on relationships, I still like girls but I just won't have relationships with them. This might sound childish to some of you but please don't put mean comments

• I'm right, give up on relationships
  • I'm wrong, don't give up on relationships

42

Most Helpful Girl

• don't focus on relationships right now anyway. I'm sorry your parents splitting up hit you so hard, and you should be talking to someone to help you cope if you're willing.

You'll either meet someone who makes you believe in relationships someday, or maybe you won't. I say just go with the flow. You'll be fine either way.

What Girls Said 3

• I can understand your frustration and your reasoning behind what you're doing. You're too young to be dating anyway, but don't let your experience with your parents be the reason to not date in the future. Your relationships will be entirely different than your parents'. You will have heart breaks, it's just a part of life, but don't assume that your relationships will turn out like theirs did

• That is so sad. But maybe trying now while you are young will help you regain your trust in relationships! Give it a chance, it could make you very happy!

• Just because your parents had a bad relationship doesn't mean you can't have a good one.

• For me it does, I'm traumatized by this and if I'm ever in that situation, I would shut everyone out of my life

What Guys Said 2

• You are not your parents dude. You shouldn't change who you are or how you are because they couldn't get along or live together. You have seen the ugly face of divorce , maybe you will see the signs that a relationship is in trouble and be pro active rather than the type that abandons at the first sign of trouble

• It's not childish at all. The right girl will have to understand and respect your boundaries.

I think you need to time to learn more about yourself as a person.

And if you don't enter a relationship, that's fine too.

by the way.. you don't have to explain this to anyone. It no one's business what or why you do things.

Relationships are a personal choice