He broke up with me, but is still keeping tabs on where I am and who im with? Why?

My boyfriend broke up with me and im not going to lie it really broke my heart. He is completely ignoring me and I haven't heard from him in over a week yet he is still keeping tabs on where I am and who im with. Why is he doing this?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Because he still feels like you're his "property", even if he doesn't like you anymore. It's a stupid dominance thing guys have, like they want to have their cake and eat it too. Basically he's being stupid and you should try not to pay any attention to him or his shenanigans.

• Like let's put it this way. He doesn't want to be with you, but he wants you to WANT to be with him. It feeds his ego to know that you're not hanging out with other guys, because then it seems like you're not over him yet. And that makes him satisfied.

What Guys Said 2

• Because he is an ass, block him

• Usual guy behavior..

• But why like? He's the one who ended it with me?

• I honestly dont know :/ There is something he is not telling me

• Then he's an ass hole... Forget him.

What Girls Said 4

• Because SOME men are possessive and territorial; yes, he left you, but it'd hurt his ego if you moved on because it would imply that you don't need him, so he's keeping tabs on what you're doing to make sure you aren't getting over him too fast.

Ignore his ass and hang out with whoever you want.

• Yeah I've been hanging out with out mutual friend John, (John is the one who set us up in the first place) and according to him my ex has been questioning us hanging out

• Well you can hang out with John all you want, it isn't his beeswax.

• That's weird. Maybe he's not completely over you.

• He wants to see what your up to after the break up, I guess he wants to know how your taking it. Focus on yourself and don't stop from doing what you want to do. Keep yourself busy 😊

• He is naturally curious.

• But of what like? I'd get it if I broke up with him, but it was his decision to end it?

• You could of been toxic to him. Just move on.