Is it hard to mend a broken heart with your first love?

So I have wondered how has everyone dealt with heartbreak from their first love? It's been pretty tough for me since this was the first serious relationship for me and for her it was her very first relationship. There were some ups and downs along the road. But she broke it off with me because of her being in school and she apparently was bored since we only saw each other not much, only when she was back for the breaks from school or had things to do back at home. She said she still wanted to be friends but it still took a toll on me very badly. I was in so much anger and pain I lost myself that I barricaded myself from everyone, I didn't feel like doing anything. I quit my job on the spot because I could no longer be myself. I shut my family and friends because I was up to the point of just running away and had the small sense of being somewhere else. We both still keep in contact and talk on ocassion still, even though many people said I should not even see or have any contact with her at all. I can tell we still have the affection for each other after hanging out not even 2 weeks after the breakup. But deep down inside it still hard for me to let her go since I care so much about her. Should I still keep being friends with her or cut all ties... How have you guys mend the broken heart with a first love?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• You never forget your first love, no matter how bitter iz was. I bet your friends and family tried to cheer you up but anything they say won't help at all because you're the only one that will be of most help. Take your time in recovering but don't close yourself to the world. Go out, meet new people and get yourself together

• its still hard since we still talk often

• You will need to cut contact for awhile. It is one of the hardest things to do but it will help you heal

• I aggree, she may be your first love but certainly not the last

What Girls Said 2

• my first love i cried badly and it took me v long time to get over it.. because almost all my stuff around my house is from him.. so it remind me of him.. those memories were difficult to let go.. you need time and you should keep yourself busy very busy to take your mind off

• Hard but not impossible.

What Guys Said 1

• if it's yer 1st love then yeah it's harder...1st cut's da deepest basically 8)