Why did he leave without a word after seeing each other for a year?

So, to cut a long story short...
I'd been seeing this guy for almost a year, and things were beyond amazing! I loved him crazy amounts, and so did he (so he said), it really felt like we'd finally met the people who were meant for us. I'm 21 and he's 26 if that matters? However, he found out about 6 months in that he was going to be moving away, as he is in the Royal Navy, and so we carried on seeing each other for a little while, but decided it was going to get too tough, so stopped seeing each other, but carried on talking and being just friends. Well, this didn't last too long, I ended up going over and we had an amazing night, with drinks, cuddles and a film, and I ended up staying over.
It's been two weeks since then, and we haven't really spoke. I knew he was going at some point in the summer, but I found out through social media that he went a couple of days ago...
I don't get why he has done this? Why didn't he say goodbye? Doesn't he care

I know I probably should just let go, but it's easier said than done when he seemed nothing but perfect...
What do you think, and what should I do in this situation? I haven't messaged him or anything, I feel completely numb and don't know how to handle the situation. Friends are totally useless too! They just keep saying "to get over someone, you have to get under someone else"... really not helpful!

Thank you so much for your responses in advance :) x

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Because the bottom line..
    No one is obligated or contractually obligated to give us notice, provide us an explanation.

People are free not property.

That's the harsh truth. It's nice when someone does but the truth is most people will hide from confronting the truth.

Regardless what the reason is, it's over.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe he thought a goodbye would be too painful

• He didn't want to open up that can of worms