Am I doing the right thing?

Me and my boyfriend had a 7 month imtense relatiomship. We were best friends before that. But because of some reasons we broke up. We decided to stay friends right after. It is too hard. He still calls me at 1 am to say how much he loves me. But when he tries to touch me i never let him. Then he started to ignore me and behave badly. I cannot help but feel lonely. Because he is my best friend and i still love him. Am i doing the roght thing? Does it cause him to leave me forever?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry but this is exactly why you should always enforce the no contact rule. I'm sorry that it means you have to lose a best friend, but boyfriends can only be terminated, not demoted.

What Guys Said 3

• He is gonna leave u forever because u ain't with him like that what do u think he is gonna wait around? For what?

• It's hard to say if you're doing the "right thing," since you haven't mentioned why you broke up. You have to understand that there is a risk when you decide to date your friend, especially a best friend. I think that time should heal though, depending on how mature both of you are.

• Here problem is both of you are still loving each other but he is expressing it freely but you are not.
    I hope you understand and I hope you will change it now and stay happy😊

What Girls Said 3

• thats why so many people don't date their friends... it can really ruin a friendship...
    do what you think is best for you... if that means you lose him as a friend then so be it... maybe he'll come around in time after the pain is gone.

• I think you guys need space right now. You won't get over the break up unless you've had time to yourselves for a while. If your friendship was meant to be then he'll be there.

• In order to be best friends you have to give each other space first and let each other get over each other. Then you can try the friends thing or else it won't work