How to deal with a breakup?

How to deal with my break up? It happened like 8-9 months ago and i still can't move on! I was dumped by him.

Is it true that men move on easily? And as for the dumper?

53

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't feel bad.. My last serious relationship (lasted about 2 years) took me over a year to truly move on. It's seriously a pain. You can go out and have fun and date new people, but if you truly loved the person then it really doesn't matter. You are still going to think about them. The only way I was able to move on is because I realized he wasn't the same person I fell in love with. I still love him and wish him the best, but it is not in my best interest to have him in my life. I haven't spoken to him or seen him in about 2 years now.

What Guys Said 3

• Not all men can move on easily. There are men who are equally in touch with their emotions and they can be sour for long time after a breakup. Finding a closure is not an easy task for everybody. It wasn't easy for me. It took me an year or more and many wrong decisions to finally get the closure. Break up is always ugly when the relationship seem so real to be true.

• if t was 8-9 months ago... guess u should've moved on basically ';-)

• I know i should've but why can't i! It's drivin me crazy

• Keep yourself distracted with activities and work. Focus on what you like. Go out with friends. I also have a tendency to take awhile to get over breakups. So far the average for me is about a year in between relationships. I tend to brood so I need to follow my own advice sometimes. And I'm sorry for however things went for you.

What Girls Said 4

• Have more fun! Get active. Meet new people. Go party. Go shopping. Force urself to enjoy things. Put some new clothes on put on makeup and go somewhere nice. Take holidays if u can afford. Change things as much as you can in ur daily life. Think less about him. Best luck !

• You take it one day at a time, and one day you will wake up and it won't hurt as much. It just takes time.

• One day feels so far away! :( i mean it's been 9 months already and im still having a hard time like it's been 9 days

• When you are truly heartbroken, there is no time frame on healing that broken heart.

• same here it happened 5 months ago i still miss him but im trying to move on i think men move on fast try to find a new hobby go to parties with ur friends try to stay busy u are still young and u will find someone who loves u

• Go on youtube and search up Matthew Hussey! He is a famous dating coach, relationship expert. He has many videos on how to get over a break up! Watching his videos and even reading his book helped me a lot. Sometimes the best advice is from a stranger who has dealt with millions of women in your situation. After watching his videos, I immediately started to view things differently. hope he helps you the way he helped me :)

• Alright! thanks ☺️

• Oh welll, i hope so!!! I feel so ashamed

• Don't feel so ashamed !! When we go through heartbreaks our vision is cloudy. You have to realize what a beautiful and deserving woman you are! This break up just means you are one step closer to finding the right guy. If I were you, I would get excited!! Dating can be lots of fun!! The sooner you deal with your emotions and regain your confidence, the sooner you can go out and genuinely have fun :)