I broke up with my boyfriend. He sent me a large text telling me that he was glad it was over. Did he actually mean it?

He also wished me well and said take care.

do you think a guy would say this to try and hurt me or do you think he could really mean it?

Updates:
Oh and he also said that HE had decided not to change my mind

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably means it, anybody male or female stands to gain nothing from lying about about a message like that. If i had to guess there were plenty of problems and you didn't see eye to eye. In a similar situation if I felt I burdened by all the problems in a relationship I would probably feel the same, though I don't know if I would actually say it to my ex, to me that is just rubbing salt in the wound.

That sounds pretty mean but I don't know his personality so it would be hard to say if he was doing it to be mean, if he isn't a mean guy then he is a very oblivious to the feelings of others.

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Long text means he is pissed and heart broken

0|0
    0|0
  • i see no reason y he shuld lie... so... :-)

0|0
    0|0
    • Guys have an uncanny habit of lying I've noticed.

• He really means it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends, I sent a long text once to tie up loose ends and make sure there was closure.. because I was genuinely glad it was over and I wanted to make sure there was no reason to open up dialog between us again.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's under grey skies

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• He probably didn't mean it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You broke up with him. So, I'm not really sure what difference it makes if he meant it or not.

0|0
    0|0