I broke up with my boyfriend. He sent me a large text telling me that he was glad it was over. Did he actually mean it?

He also wished me well and said take care.

do you think a guy would say this to try and hurt me or do you think he could really mean it?

Oh and he also said that HE had decided not to change my mind

26

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably means it, anybody male or female stands to gain nothing from lying about about a message like that. If i had to guess there were plenty of problems and you didn't see eye to eye. In a similar situation if I felt I burdened by all the problems in a relationship I would probably feel the same, though I don't know if I would actually say it to my ex, to me that is just rubbing salt in the wound.

That sounds pretty mean but I don't know his personality so it would be hard to say if he was doing it to be mean, if he isn't a mean guy then he is a very oblivious to the feelings of others.

What Guys Said 5

• Long text means he is pissed and heart broken

• i see no reason y he shuld lie... so... :-)

• Guys have an uncanny habit of lying I've noticed.

• He really means it.

• Depends, I sent a long text once to tie up loose ends and make sure there was closure.. because I was genuinely glad it was over and I wanted to make sure there was no reason to open up dialog between us again.

• It's under grey skies

What Girls Said 2

• He probably didn't mean it.

• You broke up with him. So, I'm not really sure what difference it makes if he meant it or not.