How do I move on from this bad guy?

I was dating a guy that was terrible to me. He was passive agreesive, swore at me, yells at me, talks about how pretty other girls are, has gotten other girls numbers at bars. He has done some good things to but overall our relationship has been toxic and I need to move on. My mother made me break up with him when I came home for college and we made a plan to talk everyday and get back together when I came back in the fall but he wants to have sex with other girls this summer and get their numbers at bars and then expect me to be waiting. I keep telling him how much that would bother me but he doesn't seem to care. I need to move on from him but I don't know how. I really need someone to help me out

63

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi there Anonymous!

I can understand the conflict you feel right now (or at least some of it, hopefully).

You know this guy is toxic, but you still remember the good things he's done, which is why you don't want to break up with him, yes? I'm not sure.

Here's what you should do:

1. Talk to a psychiatrist, if you can. This will help, believe me.

2. If you are unable to do number one, talk to a trusted friend or family member about it.

3. Don't immediately break off with him. Go to his house to talk about it, but since he sounds aggressive to me, bring some back-up, just in case things get violent.

4. Also, talk to this guys parents! Unless they're a bit unstable and angry, like your boyfriend.

5. And finally, change your number, and always have a friend or family member near you, wherever you go, because you never know. This guy could get really mad. Be careful!

I hope this helped, and if it didn't, I apologise.

If you need anymore help with anything, I'll be happy to oblige! And be careful who you date next time! Please!

From, AdviceForAll.

Have a nice day!

What Guys Said 2

• In my opinion you need to be firm with him and tell him this is the way it is or we are through. It sounds as if he is just in it to use you and your body for his own gratification. In my opinion you should cut off contact with him completely if possible and find someone who is better for you. Before this talking to a psychiatrist probably wouldn't hurt. After that what matters in the resolve in your heart to move on and find someone worthy of you. If you are able to move one try to find a guys that treats you well, and be good to each other, above all make sure you both have the same expectations for the relationship and communicate well.

• I think this man not worthy of you love him! He likes your body, but do not care how you feel!

What Girls Said 6

• Just cut him off from your life!

• Appreciate, love, and care for yourself more. He's not worth your time and effort. You'll meet someone better, cut him off your life!

• Move on! You will be grateful later. Trust me, I've been through it and I have 16 years of shit to show for it. Move on and find happiness.

• Follow you head not your heart. He is clearly only using you so don't even think of going back to him if can't even wait for you. Plus you said the relationship was toxic already so follow your head don't let your heart win.

• I'm sure he was already having sex with other girls, he never cared about you otherwise he wouldn't be acting like that. cut all contact block his number tell him to delete your number everything takes time as it heals eventually.

• yawn... ,,,,,,,,, ...

• No one asked you got your opinion. If you don't have anything positive to say then don't say anything at all

• oh ok