Seeing my sorta ex again tomorrow... how should I act when I want him back?

We were never offical but we were exclusive (didn't date other people) and we were "together" roughly about 3 months so it's not even a long time but we were together a lot during those 3 months. I ended things between us because I felt tired of him not knowing when to take the next step in our relationship but I realize now in hindsight that I jumped to conclusions and that he was actually a really great guy who was completely faithful to me. He just simply has a lot on his plate and I should have been more understanding when he explained to me that he does want me in his life but that he just can't take care of me the way he wants to right now as his life is a huge mess (which it really is). I miss him and feel like our timing was just wrong.

Basically tomorrow he is coming around to fetch his keys from me (long story) and I texted him today about it. He was very friendly and even used a wink emoticon when he said he'll come by tomorrow at 5. I was very surprised about his reaction. We've been on 2 months no contact. I really want him back in my life so I need to know if I should be completely honest and just say "I regret my choice" or should I try to just subtly hint that we must hang out some time and not hit him with the full shabang? I'm not sure if he has moved on so I don't want to embarrass myself either :/

35

Most Helpful Girl

• What I would do is be straight up. Honestly when I saw the title I thought it was gonna be some petty teen girl about how much she's misses her couche boyfriend but was surprised to see how honest you were in admitting your mistakes. Most people don't like to admit fault sadly. You seem like a great girl and know what your doing so just say it. Don't drop subtle hints just start off by apologizing. Say basically what you told us, that you didn't understand what he meant and that you were wrong and that you'll wait for him. Cause honestly honey, if you find a good guy, stick to him cause many deep down can become assholes.

What Guys Said 5

• If he's comng for his keys, he's pretty much decided it is over, and it is likely he has moved on.

So I would be subtle, feel him out.. why not just ask him what he has done the last 2 months? THEN decide if you should have a discussion about getting back together right away.

• It's key to his apartment. He lost it one night and we couldn't find it. Turns out it was under my bed the whole time. He had to get new ones made but I felt bad when I discovered them and had to tell him which is why he came by. Everything turned out good and we got along great.

• It's a priority to find out soon, because the clock is ticking, I'm sure he at least is considering someone.

• I'm not too worried about that haha. He has never been in a actual relationship before and doesn't really chase girls. He told me I was the first girl he has ever chased. From what I gather it takes a lot of trust for him to open himself up to love. Definitely not easy to steal his heart cause he is so guarded :/

• Be honest, tell him what your thinking..
    Life's too short not to be direct, don't waste opportunities, you don't always get second chances, so make the most of it

• Be honest.. If you're hurt say it... Angry? Say that too.

Don't sleep with him... Farewell sex is tempting but don't do it!

• It's OK to embarrass yourself if thats what you want. We should hang out sometime is just a token.

• Act normal and be your self good luck

a ex is ex for a reason

• We never actually made it to a relationship level so I don't consider him as a ex really. We never had a chance to reach that level :/

Thanks for the advice

• Oh hope it works out for you
      and your welcome :)

What Girls Said 2

• Be honest. Be real.

It is what it is. Don't hedge or play games.

Better he isn't interested and you embarrass yourself, then he not get the hint and think you are offering empty platitudes.

• Act normal