Please not hate but advice... Would you consider this cheating?

Well I was thinking about dumping my ex for awhile now. And it as going to do it in person so I dont seem like a coward.., but i was hanging out with a guy I liked for a while and we ended up sleeping together. Amd I dumped my ex the next day. The guy I slept with didn't keep his mouth shut so now my ex is calling me a dirty slut, a cheap whore and so on... I'm being honest I was thinking about dumping him. Some say I did cheat others say it doesn't count (I've never cheated on anyone in my life I don't really know how I feel. I guess confused) remember no hate

67

Most Helpful Guy

• No hate, but you did cheat. Doesn't really matter if you were thinking of breaking up or not, you still slept with a dude while you were in a relationship. Should of just broke it off beforehand, but I'm sure you've learned from this.

What Guys Said 6

• Technically yes that is cheating, but it doesn't really matter, you two weren't going to work anyway.

• not at all.. basically he;'s da wrong one, coz he's callin u all those names :-)

• 1. Yes, it was cheating because you broke a promise to someone at a time when he believed the promise was still valid.

2. Even if you had broken up with him 2 days earlier, that was very quick to be falling into another relationship.

• Yes. you cheated on him. You're a player, that uses people until you find someone else you want to use more... Basic shit.

• You're a cold hearted b****.

Oops I'll remember not to hate, when you remember not to take some guys c*** before you break up with your boyfriend.

• I think until you make it official between the two of you that you are saperated. Anything before that is concidered cheating even if you were thinking about leaving him. You should have be clear about this stuff or complications will arise.

What Girls Said 6

• Yep, yep, you cheated.
    I understand why you feel like you didn't - because, in your head, you were already done with the relationship. But the problem here is - you never thought about your boyfriend's feelings... so... that was extremely selfish of you.

But, ad least you broke it off the other day. I guess you subconsciously knew you would never break it off unless you slept with someone and that act forced you to actually do what you've been wanting to do.
    Makes sense.

Next time - just be braver, think about the both of you, not just you.

• It is cheating if you were still with him, even if you were planning on dumping him. You're still in a relationship until you actually break up with the person. Before you get into another relationship, maybe you should stay single for a while and work on yourself. You don't even seem like you feel bad. I'm not trying to 'hate' either. It's just that it seems like you are trying to justify what you did, and you don't feel bad about it. Maybe you do, it's just judging by this post, it seems like you don't. Either way, I'd recommend you stay single for a while. Next time you're in a relationship and you are unhappy with the guy, wait until you've actually broken up before you sleep with someone else.

• You cheated on him

• You did cheat cause you were still committed to someone else at the time

• You did cheat. You were STILL with him at the time, even if you were planning to dump him.

• you did cheat, even if it wasn't on purpose, so dont take it too hard gorgeous