Need some breakup advice? Does this make sense to you?

I have been seeing an old flame recently. It started right after I broke up from a long term relationship. And she started going through a divorce. Anyway... We weren't calling it a relationship, no boyfriend girlfriend labels. We weren't even calling it exclusive. But the more time I spend with her the more I realise I want to be single as I never went through that stage after the last relationship. I don't think I can fool around and see other people and still see her too. I know I would feel really guilty about it and I know it would really hurt her. Should I explain all this stuff when I talk to her? I don't really know what I expect to find when I'm single. For all I know I might be miserable and loanly but I know I need to do it!!! What would you say to her?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should be completely honest with her & tell her what your feeling & what you want. she may not want the same things, and she may be angry, hurt but at least you told her the truth & didn't lie to her about what you want. being single is seriously something different and if you want to experience that , then I say go ahead! yes, you could be lonely or miserable but it could also be the best times of your life! you will never know unless you give it go. don't expect the unexpected, let everything come your way & take it with full force! oh & if she really cared about you, she would understand why you did this.

• I think you have an old, wise soul. It's odd but I think I just needed confirmation that it's ok to still feel like this. Thanks, sometimes I wonder if I'm getting too old for this lol

• thank you, I get that a lot because im young. but I make sure that what I say is truthful & comes from the heart, even if it isn't the answer they are looking for. And hey! your never to old to do anything you want to do, its your life. you should live it how you want too!

What Girls Said 3

• I think the best thing you can do for her is explain to her and let her see and understand you're point. Yes, she gonna be hurt and angry, but in the end she will respect your honesty. After the anger is gone she will understand why you did it. I think you should see what being single is like. Give yourself a break. Re explore who you are now as a person and let yourself have room to breathe. You just came out of a divorce. Don't tie yourself down so soon.

• Just be honest with her. Feeding her a line will just burn that bridge forever.

• you should explain it.

What Guys Said 0