Fight for Her, Or Let her go?

I was dating this great girl for the past 10 months. In that time we had a great relationship, No jealousy, very little fighting, good communication, all that a mature relationship should be. We travel together, and always had a full weekend of activities. Her friends and family all seemed to really like me and many of her friends would pull me aside and tell me how much this girl loved me. About 3 weeks ago, she caught me off guard and said she wasn't happy and need space. The next day I was pretty upset and sent her an email while at work because she was all I could think about, where I pretty much said something along the lines about all the different things about her that I love and how relationships are something you grow together by learning from mistakes and becoming stronger together, probably a mistake on my part to do that since I was an emotional wrecked at the time, but I at least made it known how I felt about her so I don't regret it. She told me that was sweet, but that I know how she feels about me and to not contact her again. I called her a few days later on Sunday morning but she didn't answer. I dropped her stuff off at her apartment about a week later, cause I need all that remind me of her out of sight and out of my mind. Since then we haven't been in contact. A few days ago she texted a mutual friend to make sure I wasn't at a bar for happy hour after work that she was going to go to. I'm doing my best to move on since she hasn't given me any sign that she still cares for me at all, but I miss her and do think that we were really good together. This weekend she is going out of town with a couple that we know and there 2 kids, I was suppose to go too but that was before we broke up. I'm thinking about reaching out to her again, is this a bad idea? If she still cared she would of made some sort of effort to talk to me in the past 3 weeks of no contact? Good Idea or Lost cause and let her go?

bump

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude, pull the plug. You're giving life support to a brain-dead patient. Considering she distanced herself without provocation, I would be suspicious now even if she did a turn around. She sounds unstable over the long run.

On a brighter note, you deserve a lot of credit for expressing your feelings honestly in the face of rejection. Based on this point, the simple truth is that you are likely to have a successful relationship with someone else. She is not.

~James Smith

What Girls Said 2

• well keep your gaurd up but every girl wants someone to fight for her so you should try or at least get an explanation

• just let her go.

What Guys Said 2

• i guess no dude... better w8 till she gives u any signs :-)

• yeah prob best. She knows how I feel, if she wants to talk she knows my number

• She just dropped you like that?
    didn't give you a real reason why or anything?