How would you react?

A woman I dated a year ago came up to me and apologized to me for her panic attacks. I ended things with her because I knew she wasn't ready for a relationship and she took it badly. She has gotten help and actually had inflammation in her brain. Should I forgive her? Could we be friends?

So I should forgive her?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• I would give her a chance

• I gave her chances before and she would always have an attack

• But she has been diagnosed and getting treated for it now

• I knew she had depression but she wasn't getting better. A neurologist diagnosed her with inflammation in the head; like she has a concussion.

What Guys Said 3

• Depression puts your anxiety through the roof, hence panic attacks... I used to have them all the time when my dad passed away... Definitely hear her out/give her a chance

• I hope you're doing better

• Were you ever angry and lashed out at ppl? Said things you regretted? Like should I believe her?

• I keep my cool pretty easily, and try to keep my personal shit separate, so I rarely lashed out, I did push a lovely girl away with my high anxiety though...
      Believe her, she was just acting out of emotion is my guess

• if she apologized and u pardoned her... then yeah :-)

• Sounds bogus. Forgive though.. what's the big deal.

• I dated her friend for a while after and she called us both names.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know what she did that needs to be forgiven, but maybe now you can just accept that you understand her situation a little better? You don't have to try and be friends with her out of pity or anything, but if you think you want to be with her again and that she's changed then go for it :)

• She used to harass me with msgs.

• My other ex was bipolar so I'm a bit nervous. Also she said some hurtful things after.

• You have to decide for yourself if what she said was unforgivable or if the relationship would be worth trying for again
      Going out with two people with mental illnesses might be enough for one lifetime, you could try and find someone new without all the history and drama attached

• You should forgive her.

• Even though she flipped out on me?

• What do u expect from sumone who is mentally challenge '-'

• definitely be friends :)

• Can I trust her? Is depression that bad?