Why can't I forget my ex?

i been trying to forget my ex he broke up with me 4 months ago i know i m still young and pretty i can find someone else but i still miss him sometimes i want to text him but i realized he doesn't want to be with me

52

Most Helpful Girl

• This is silly people telling you to forget someone, we remember our first teachers name for gods sake, he doesn't want to be with you that's fine that's not what's making you sad, what's making you sad is the good times you shared not realising you can share those good times with someone else. Id change your number and I'll give you reason why- if he contacts you one day like I bet your hoping it will be for sex or because he's bored and when something better comes along (according to him they never are they ALWAYS DOWNGRADE) he will drop you and you will feel dejected and alone like you do now.. you will never forget him that's impossible but you can nudge him to the back of your mind. how you do it is entirely up to you be it a hobby or throw yourself into a group of friends who will keep you busy. You really don't miss him you miss the echo of the good times and that's all it is an echo that's what your missing.. take time out for yourself and keep busy, do anything you like but let the clown go.. if he doesn't want someone that will love him unconditionally stuff him.. he will get his heart ripped to shreds and from what I hear men suffer worse..

What Guys Said 2

• was he yer first guy maybe? many people find it hard to get over with their 1st bf/gfs :)

• You still love him?

• yes i do :-/

• but why can i do i need to forget him he doesn't want me back i feel bad cuz i know i deserve better i gave him evrything

• Search on Google that how can you forget your ex

What Girls Said 4

• You distract yourself and in time you will forget him.

• Getting over someone is hard! It takes time, especially if you were together a long while or thought that the relationship might have legs. Give yourself permission to grieve. He may not want you back but tht doesn't mean you're undesirable. Just take your time.

• Because you still love him. You need to try before it is too late... try to talk to him not via sms. Of course you can find someone else but at least try once. It happened also to me an I still regret it now bc he told me he was still into me after 5 months but both of us never tried to contact eachother bc we were hurt.
    I still sometimes think at him and it's been a year since we broke up. (he was my first love and I was his). You never forget it.

• i did but he told me he is real busy and he won't answer his phone anymore

• Hey, it's alright. It's taken me months and months (almost a year) to get over some people and barely a few weeks to get over a few. You deal with different situations differently, but time heals everything.