Whats your opinion... divorces?

why do you think its usually the women who ask for them?

why do you think they are so common now?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• Marriage for love started with the industrial revolution right around the same time as individualism began in USA which in itself.. a selfish relationship.

Marriage for love has a 50% divorce rate while arranged marriages have a 4% divorce rate... now why is this?

Marriage for love is selfish, you can hear in the language "he doesn't make me happy, i don't feel the passion or she doesn do (insert complaint). "me me me"

Arranged marriage sounds very different "we are not good parents, our income is not or sustainable." we we we

Now to get into how and why these things differ is a whole article on it's own but divorce rates in the USA actually have been consistently at 50% for the last 30 years.

Why do women ask for them? I didn't know this was a stat but if i had to guess.. I'd imagine it's because women often talk and analyze relationships more then men. Given this.. they are more opt to make decisions or be more proactive in relationship issues.

What Guys Said 8

• If you marry with the idea that divorce is not an option you will pick better suitors. Divorce happen as a failure to do these things.
    1. Communicate-Be straightforward, tell you spouse your desires/wises. Passive aggressiveness leads to relationship failure.
    2. Compromise- after communication you got to compromise to make it happen.
    3. Trust/Honesty - Lack of trust kills relationships
    4. Don't take minor things that seriously.
    5. Don't talk to your spouse when tired/hungry or in a bad mood that starts fights.
    6. Move out of you parent homes and get your own house. Parents often break up marriages as empty nest syndrome hits they going to want their child back. I have seen mothers so desperate to have their son dependent on them that supply them drugs and alcohol.
    7. Don't marry somebody with ton of sex partners.
    8. Financial problems- Work as a team as two adults should be bringing in two sets of income.

• I don't know for sure why there has been an increase maybe women won't take as much crap as they used to.

• Because making and breaking lifelong commitments means a lot less to people nowadays. I think it has a lot to do with the parenting people give their kids, hand people everything for long enough and they expect relationships to maintain themselves.

• i believe the one who feels oppressed does :)

• More women initiate divorces. There are more divorces now because women aren't as oppressed. How would a woman divorce a man back when society wouldn't even let them work?

Women have their own freedom so they don't have to be held captive by some guy just because he makes all the money. Marriage was originally for trading you guys like property. Marriage is nothing special or sacred, it's an old fossil of tradition.

• Commitment means nothing to most people.

• "why do you think they are so common now?" Because there is no downside to a divorce and anyone can file for it if im right.. so there ya i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif

• We live in an age of instant gratification, and sometimes expectations are unrealistic. A lot of people unfortunately treat divorce as a way to literally cash out of a relationship they're no longer 100% satisfied with.

• 100% agree with you. Today, people just would rather walk away, than actually do their diligences and work on the relationship. Selfishness...

What Girls Said 1

• they are common because it's now expectable in most places to get a divorce if you're not happy
    it's also easier than before and as it is accepted more people aren't ashamed to get divorced