He broke up with me, so why is he taking his anger out on me?

Long story short I was casually dating a guy for about a year. lately we have been fighting a lot because he always accuses me of messing around when I am not. I told him if he wants to talk to other people he could and I will back off, and he gets mad when I say that (I can't win with him). I made plans with him to sleep over his house and I told him to call me when he was ready for me to come over. He called me later that night and he was yelling at me on the phone saying 'if you don't want to come over I already have plans so it doesn't matter to me if you come' and hung up the phone. I know that when he smokes and drinks he becomes a jerk so I decided it was best for me to stay home. He calls me back 30 minutes later and says he doesn't want to be around me anymore and when I see him do not say anything to him. There was nothing left for me to say except 'okay, have a good night' and hung up. He has called me 2 times and I ignored them because he said not to talk to him, but now he is sulking, complaining and being rude when it was his fault in the first place. I should be the one who is upset not him?

14

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• So all he said is you were playing games? He needs time to himself and needs to stop smoking and drinking to cut that out.

• It's always the idiots who seem to get the girls. Drop him and don't settle next time.

• he's a boy not a man lol

What Girls Said 1

• you should be the one that's upset lmao!