Breaking up with a girl that likes me and someone else?

Basically, that. I started dating this girl a couple of months ago. We attend the same college and she had a HUGE crush on me, so I decided to give it a try. Things started off great, and people often told us we made a cute couple; for a while there, I though a serious relationship was on it's way. Then, vacations happened and she became distant. She would constantly cancel our plans and barely answer me through WhatsApp (when she did, it was in a very rude manner). I got sick of it after two weeks, and decided to give her a call. She told me that she was interested in someone else besides me, and that she was confused.

When we got back to college, we had a long talk on the subject and she told me she felt like our relationship was going too fast, and that she was still confused about this other person. We both decided it was best to end the relationship. I told her that I still wanted to be her friend but, at the same time, needed some distance to get over her romantically and meet other people. She seemed happy with that decision, yet this past couple of days she's suddenly become very rude to me. The friendships we have in common have also started to act this way, as if I had done something horrible to her. I don't know what's going on, and it's starting to emotionally bring me down because she keeps with this attitude even though she says everything's fine.

Any opinions?

The "new guy" happens to be one of these friends I was talking about. He's always had a crush with this girl but she never saw him as more than a friend. It seems that she changed her mind "out of the blue", although I wouldn't discard the possibility of the other friends convincing her to be with this guy instead of me. Awkward.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• i guess it'd b better avoidin her... seems she spread rumors to her friends ;)

• What kind of rumors? Everything was going so smooth, I don't think I've ever done something to truly irate her -.-

What Girls Said 2

• Yes keep it up.

• This may not be what you're looking for, but she isn't worth it. There's a saying that goes: "If you find you love two people, always pick the second. Because if you truly loved the first, there wouldn't be a second." I would explain the situation to the mutual friends as well.

• I've tried to explain, but they barely even say hi to me anymore. It's hurtful because they were good friends of mine as well...

• Then they aren't worth it either. People have a facade of feelings as I like to call it. I've had best friends who end things, just like that, and never explain themselves. If they do things like that, they never were a true, dedicated friend.

What Guys Said 1

• Mate at least she is honest, If she is confused nothing you can do anyway...
    Keep it up