One last weekend together? Or clean break?

For the past 2 years , off and on, I've been in a LDR. A couple of months ago he told me to move on becaue he had met someone. I was heartbroken, but I picked myself up and starting dating someone. About a month in he starting contacting me and telling me he missed me. Then he anounced he was coming back to my home town for a visit. Well, he's here now and last night we hooked up. I will always love him, but it just didn't feel the same. The physical has always been outstanding, but we have a lot of personal differences. We have a lot of history together. He wants to have one last weekend together and then make a clean break. I don't know if I should see him again. It's going to hurt either way so which would be better for my mental health?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Why? You have already made the break. Your over him he's just looking for a hookup. Tell him to shove off.

• He's just that one person I've never been able to fully let go of. I'm completely rational in all other parts of my life except when it comes to him!!

• Makes no difference clean break other wise he will just keep using you.

What Guys Said 2

• Just make the break now. Move forward, today. You will likely feel better about it, and have more self respect, rather than clinging to the last drops of what was never there to begin with. Can you see the illusion?

• guess another weekend 2gether... might make things clearer :)

• Maybe, there are a lot of unanswered question, but I don't want things to get super emotional. Just one last "crazy" weekend for posterity sake. I certainly won't be traveling to his home country. lol

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe hooking up was he's only purpose... You're gonna get hurt either way, but it will less painful to go clean breakup than another weekend.

• clean break.

• clean break