My girlfriend really hurt my feelings by cheating on me. Should I forgive her?

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for about 3 months. Recently she admitted to cheating on me. The backstory is that We have not had sex because I told her I was a virgin and I need time to make sure I'm ready. She has had a lot of sexual experience and has usually has had sex by now. She told me she does not care because I have treated her better then any other guy ever did before so she did not mind waiting because she loves me. Yesterday she said she had something to tell me. She said that when she went out with her girlfriends she got drunk and ended up waking up to another guy after having sex with him. She said that this happened a week ago and she has felt horrible ever since. She said that she is so sorry that this happened because I deserve more respect and loyalty then she gave me. She said she would understand if I never want to see her again. She admitted totally honestly to me, no one else knows about it. I told her I need some time. Should I forgive her I really like this girl.

• Forgive her.
  • Don't forgive her.

67

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends. Really, you need to listen to your brain. Do you think she will do it again? Is she worth it? Just to let you know, I have been cheated on... and it took FOREVER to get over it and have a normal relationship. The past still gets in the way--but it gets better over time. Is she worth all of that? It will be hard... trust me on that.

-She told you on her own... this is a good thing. It means she genuinely does feel terrible about it.. so terrible that maybe she won't do it again. (If you go back to her, I would make it clear that you only do one chance).
    -Then again, maybe she knew you were going to find out? And, she thought it best to come clean? Is that possible?
    -She said she loved you... she doesn't know the meaning of love if she is sleeping with someone else. I would tell her that.

If you do think she is worth the agony of trying to make it work, I would at least tell her you need to think for a while to show her this is serious. Then, go back with her. But, make her sweat. She needs to know this isn't okay.

What Girls Said 5

• don't forgive her... just dump her asap!!!
    https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/49403296.jpg

• Do not forgive her!

• Don't forgive her. Do you really want your first time to be with someone who cheated on you?

• no... once a cheater always a cheater.

• I had a bit of a similar event happen to me after three months of dating. My boyfriend was a virgin before I met him and i was not. I was the first girl he kissed/had sex with, etc . I was his first girlfriend. But he ended up cheating on me only online tho. He sent dirty texts and such. He had been kindof distanst and the week before had told me his feeling were fading, we had made up but then he cheated. he told me right away, via text tho. I love him more then anything really and wanted to work it out. It took him some time to get himeself prioritzed. he was haveing issues with wanting someone hotter (model like) and wanting me who he loved and thoguht was beautiul and marriage material. We talked for a while and he promised to be commited, which he has been for now 6 months/ since the incident. He later talked to one of his buddies and i think his dad who adviced him that he had to make a choice, love that can last or fooling around with no good bimbo's Anyway, my point is I decided to give it another try. I knew he was sorry. I laid unbendable ground rules such as delete number of person, He has to be understanding if I dont trust him, if he takes to long to text and I think he is doing something etc and It is weird I think we are stonger now. I look at my parents who have been maried over 26 years they have gone through a lot and i have learned that love /relationships take work people are not perfect, but to love someone is to love thier flaws, work together , be supporrtive and work toward your life together. Marrige is not a end goal, nor is long term dating the goal is to be able to love unconditionally, communicate , accept, argue maybe sometimes, but knwo that no matter what there is one person who will be there for you through everything you endure alone or togther. hope this helps

• Yeah that helps thanks.

What Guys Said 7

• Just because you forgive her, does not mean you have to continue the relationship with her.

Thank her for her honesty, but me myself I would walk away. It is a sad truth, but when someone cheats and get forgiven by the one they cheated on. They usually end up cheating again, when you cheat on someone it only get easier to cheat on them again not harder.

It has been my experience that when someone confesses to cheating with out being caught by the one they cheated on, it usually means that they think that they have been caught by someone that they think will tell you.

• Are you fucking serious? You have been with a girl for 3 months and she has told you she woke up drunk to another guy! And you aren't sure if to forgive her?
    If she has done it once she will do it again. That goes for cheaters in general, but for a girl to cheat 3 months in and also knowing the fact you was a Virgin means she is the definition of the word bitch.

• But she seems really sorry. And like I said I would not have found out if she dident tell me.

• @asker you forgiving her tells her you accept it.
      You are a muppet. Obviously you already made your mind up. You are defending someone who cheated 3 months into a relationship.
      She said herself you treated her great, better than other guys. And she fucked someone else because she wanted to.
      Gooduck bro it won't be long until it happens again or she breaks up with you for someone else. Your dignity will go with it.

• Fuck no, grow some balls and have some respect for yourself.

• Yes, you should forgive her! If you asked for forgiveness, you would want to be forgiven. I'm sure she feels the same way. I've always learned that if I'm not forgiving towards people, I won't receive forgiveness. Jesus said that if we won't forgive others, He won't forgive us. I've been forgiving toward my two exes and I've forgiven them!

• Don't waste any more time with that bitch. If cheating on you after only THREE MONTHS of dating you isn't a red flag, I don't know what is.

• Forgive her for you. Dump her for you.

• Check your testosterone level first