Girls, is a period an excuse?

Read my last question for full story. My girlfriend broke up with me and blamed her period i really LOVE her but i absolutley hate drama and she brings that. Im so confused on what to do

11

Most Helpful Girl

• it's stupid. maybe she's too moody but you can tell her that you don't like that and stop repeating the same drama or you're done.

(in my case, it was another way around, my ex always use this kind of drama to threat me, after 3 times he did that, he's a history. he's still crying till now ;)

What Girls Said 10

• Umm... If a girl breaks up with you and a period is her excuse.. It's either she gets REALLY emotional on her period but loves you.. you just pissed her off.. or she's secretly been wanting to break up with you and this is just her way of doing it... Honestly I think she'll be back... I remember I used to try to break up with my ex because I wasn't 100 percent happy... but I never had a back up guy lol or any other guy who'd want to date me so I went back to my boyfriend.. I know that's horrible but its true... She will probably be back lol

• I just told her i dont wanna date anymore and that i can't deal with her drama. I said she can come back when. She matures

• That's a dumb reason to dump someone...

• yes, I use it for skipping class and going to the nurse to sleep.

• Yes girls can become the devil on their period and it causes them to lose control of emotions sometimes, but it does not force them into any kind of decision. Her love for you should overpower any moodiness from a period so it is in no way a good excuse

• Yea im talking to her about it now im gonna rip her on it im done

• You should definitely stand up for yourself. If she dumps you cause of her period then wants to date again she obviously is a bit unstable and doesn't respect the relationship

• Lmfao wtf no, man, she just didn't like you

Jesus that is the lamest excuse for a break up I've heard yet, legit laughed at that one

• Yea she just asked to get back together i told her when she matures maybe

• I feel there is more to the story than this.

• period tends to make girls moody but not the extent to make a decision like that. it's not a good enough excuse, my guess is she broke up with you and now regrets it so she had to blame something you can't say isn't possible

• I am over 30 now, and I still do a lot of stupid things when I'm on my period (or the day before, which is even worse because then I don't know what's going on with me). Not only does it hurt like hell every month, but I am a completely different person for 2 or even 3 days. This only happens to very few girls, fortunately, but if your girlfriend is one of them, the yes, a period is a good and true excuse.

The question is can you deal with it, and what is she gonna do about it? I actually once broke up with my boyfriend, too, when I was on my period. Afterwards I could not understand how I could even get so upset. Well he was understanding, took me back, and the next time I was acting crazy he just asked me if I was on my period, and I was like OMG yes, please don't listen to anything I say today. The way we handled it was that for one, I tried to be very aware of what I was doing and saying during those days, knowing that I was hyper-sensitive and not making any important decisions. If I happened to fail my job and say something hurtful, he would just not take it for serious because he knew I wasn't being myself.

Years later I found out that this is actually a medical condition (I don't know the English name for it though, I'm sorry) and there are pills for it. Sometime simply taking birth control pills can already help. I'd strongly suggest your girlfriend talk to her doctor IF she was being truthful when she said she only broke up with you because she was on her period...

• If she's gonna break up with you over her period, have fun being dumped every month. It just going to turn into a miserable relationship. You really need to sit her down and talk , and if she does it again, tell her to kick rocks. I can understand her being emotional because that's how I get. We think we need to change something in our lives because everything is going wrong. Our life can be perfect but our emotions make us feel otherwise. Just talk to her, but have some self worth and don't let her treat you like you're easy for her to toss around. Its really not okay for her to blame her period.

• You know you've ran out of excuses when you blame your menstrual cycle for being a complete asshole.

I mean yes, women in general are slightly moodier around this time because of the hormonal changes in our body.
    But as women (not as toddlers) she should know how to control her emotions.