Great weekend but yet he dumped me?

Boyfriend dumped me says it's because of my family not liking him then he says it's bad timing and then he doesn't thing he wants to be in a relationship right now, what should I do should I give him some space then reach out or let him go?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• That's his way of saying he doesn't want to be in a relationship with you, in a nice way. So you should just let him go. If he really wanted to be with you, he wouldn't care what your family thinks of him, and he definitely wouldn't say he doesn't want to be in a relationship right now. Don't take it too hard either, he's just one guy.

• I was just very confused because just last week he was telling me that I'm the girl he want to marry but doesn't want that right now but if he had to it would be me and also talked about babies and then we have a great weekend together but then he dumps me :( I don't know if he's confused or what I haven't talked to him sense Sunday. 9months of my time wasted

• Yah that does sound confusing. I don't know, a lot of people just say things and don't really mean it. But regardless of that, him saying that he "doesn't want to be in a relationship right now" after you have both been together for 9 months wouldn't really make sense. To me, that sounds like a lack of commitment and/or is his way of saying he doesn't want to be with you.

• Yeah I understand, I guess I just want my closure maybe but I feel it's to early for that. I love him but I deff love me more so moving forwards is the way to go

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 4

• Many of today's toms are sporadic, unpredictable and grow cold duck feet when feeling cornered or scared because of the Big "C" which is... Commitment. This goose is no exception to my golden egg rule.
    He is making lame duck excuses for wanting to be his own free bird right now here, dear. I see the sure signs and although he may have a problem with 'My family not liking him,' no matter what it may be, from soup to nuts, if he really cared and wanted to be in this relationship, come hell or high waters, he would Not... fly away.
    Sure, it's still early yet. Give him his space. He may be needing some of this so let him go, let him think. Many times when two people are apart, they are Missing the Kissing and end up realizing that either they want to go back together or even.. do a friends sort of thing that can also result in Friends with benefits.
    Food for thought, should this happen if he contacts you with this in mind.
    Good luck. xx

• Just let him go.

• That is one excuse after another. He couldn't keep it straight. So turn the other cheek and walk away clean.

• Leave him be and try not to contact him as much as you can.