My baby's dad left a week ago after a really bad argument with absolutely no contact at all, what am I waiting for and how long do I wait?

We have a really up and down relationship and he disappears quite often I could get hold of him if I wanted but it's always me chasing him and I really don't want to be like this forever how can I change the way he acts, he doesn't respect me at all and I feel like he's always putting me down, and doesn't care about anything but himself, he hasn't even rang/txt to see if our baby is ok..
I think you're right I just have to accept the harsh reality that he doesn't really care and there's nothing I can do about it I just hate not knowing where I stand now I'm expected to just stay home waiting for him to dictate my life! While looking after the baby 😔

13

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't squeeze blood from a stone.

You probably can't change the way he acts. If something hasn't clicked inside him once he had a child, then it's probably never going to. He sounds like he's not worth your time and effort. I'd suggest forgetting about him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just wait for him to come back.

• How long do I wait? Where's the line between "space" and taking the mic?