My abusive ex won't leave me alone?

I blocked my ex from everything, but I can't block his emails - he has emailed me 30 times in five months. I responded once, said I'm happy, trying to move on, and that I want him to. Since then he's emailed me accusing me that my current boyfriend is fake, then last night he sent me paragraphs saying he wants to marry me, he will do anything to be with me, he can't live without me, and he will never love anyone again.

It's extremely hard because what he did psycologically messed me up - so I immediately miss him, feel weak, and want to give him a chance, even thought i know i never can again. I want him to be happy but he doesn't seem to move on and it's hard for me. I'm worried he will hurt himself or show up at my work/in my life if I ignore him - Should I email back? Should I call him one time like he's begging me to to tell him directly that I'm moving on and good luck? I want HIM to be able to move on, becuase until he does, I'll always be brought back into a weak/dark place because of him. Im finally in a healthy relationship and a healthy place and I want it to stay that way.

44

Most Helpful Girl

• Helpha, it sounds as though he is using emotional manipulation as a means of grinding you down, for e. g He can't live with out you, yet he has done so for 5 months, so that is clearly not the case, he maybe miserable, regretting his behaviour that caused you to move away from the relationship, but showing no signs of change, me, me, me, I hurt, I miss you, I want etc... He's caught wind that you've met someone new & is probably jealous, He sounds like a narcissist, which is essentially a self centred ticking time bomb & the core personality traits of an abuser, he has psychological abuse tendencies by the sounds of it, he's not actually listening to your opinions, just hell bent on you accepting his, which you don't have too. Ultimately, you're gut instinct has told you to run far away from this man, for good reason! He will eventually latch himself onto another woman & no doubt repeat the same. I was with an abuser for 17 years, they do not change, no matter what you try to make them happy. Create a new e-mail account if need be and inform the police if he carries on, he is not your responsibility. If he was going to hurt himself, he would have done so by now. So just forget about him & enjoy the new relationship you're in. x

What Guys Said 4

What Girls Said 3

• its a trap!! keep avoiding him or block him/create a new email account

• oh gosh you need to get a new email address or make all his emails go to junk. Don't buy into his bs!!! I was stuck in an abusive relationship before and trust me... it's better to get out sooner than later. My ex was suicidal and made me feel guilty for his problems. Don't let him do it to you!!!

• You can report him for harassments and file for a restraining order if the problem persists