What does it mean when your ex starts trying to initiate conversation with you after being broken up?

It's not like he's apologzing for what he did wrong, but is trying to slowly start conversation with me about random things. We've been seperated for four months now. In the beginning about six wks of seperation is when he proposed a friendship in which I denied. So, I didn't hear a thing from him until about a few months ago and he basically makes small talk. I never initiate.

It would be different if he came to me apologzing about what he did, but it just seems he's just going the small talk route. My ex is really stubborn! The relationship was 4 years and has been on and off. He was the dumper

• trying to be friends
  • attempting to ease his way back in relationship without taking ownership
  • just bored
    Vote C
  • wants sex
    Vote D

42

Most Helpful Guy

• It's very unclear from what you said. It could be any of the options.

I think the next time he contacts you just say "Look, I appreciate you contacting me, but I just want to lay it to you that I don't want to be friends. Please don't contact me unless you want me back. Take care!"

You can change it as much as you want, because I guess it does sound quite blunt... but make sure you keep the "don't want to be friends" and "don't contact me unless you want me back"

:)

What Guys Said 1

• chances r friends... although u cannot tell, unless u give him a chanceand listen :)

What Girls Said 4

• I would assume friends and nothing else.

• I think he just wants to become friends again SO that he can have the option open to get back into a relationship.. ew

• I think it's a combination of A, B and D to be honest. If he was sorry he would have apologised before all that small talk. If he treated you like shit it's best to lock him off.

• he wants you back.