Mom wants to bring her cheating husband back... Should she do it? Would you?

My moms husband has cheated 3 times, he was caught on an adult website talking to other women, my mom and him made a promise that if he ever did it again they would get divorced... Now I don't think it's a good idea, he's got so many problems, he's unfaithful, he's a dick to me, he almost hit me once, and I'm pretty sure he hates me. I don't want him to come back because I hate him, he's hurt my mom so many times and I hate it, I hate when my mom is upset, I hate when she's mad or sad. I really just want her to be happy... What do you guys think? Would you bring your cheating ex boyfriend/ husband/ girlfriend/ wife back into your life?

58

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it's hard to say. Talking to other women is not cheating to begin with and that's that. On the fact that he is mean to you I don't know. My stepdaughter sometimes hates my guts but I could care less about it. If she is acting up I'll do something about it no matter what she things of me. I've heard that I'm mean or don't care about her and that I don't know anything but it's all normal teen stuff. I've seen a lot of crying screaming and whatever else teens resort to after I take away her smart gadgets but if she doesn't deserve them she would loose em for a time. So you would have to put some prospective out here in order for us to figure out why you hate him. Many teens hate their parents but teen's brain is not fully developed and is highly irrational. On the part of wanting your mom to be happy all kids want that but than again context is needed. My wife is not always happy with me but at times she just has irrational expectations of me so I probably look bad in my stepdaughters eyes to. So if we consider that you are 15 year old girl not much advice could be given. I don't know what's in your head and I don't know what is your moms opinion on the mater. Best for you I think is to leave adults to sort things out between themselves and not worry to much about it.

Good Luck.

• I feel with your wife on this. That's your STEPdaughter not your actual daughter. You do not have any rights to parent a child that's not yours even if your wife gave her your last name. If you raised her since she was a baby, then that's a different story. But don't try and raise a child who isn't yours because you will ruin your relationship with the child permanently.

What Guys Said 7

• If he cheated just once, MAYBE he deserves a second chance.
    THREE times together with all the other stuff you mentioned is just too much. I understand why your mom would want him back (breaking up/divorcing someone you have been together with for a long time hurts like hell, even if they cheated), but this goes way too far.

Be careful in the way you tell her your opinion. It is her decision in the end, but you can say that you have a very bad feeling about it and would rather not have him in the house anymore.

I wish you the best of luck!

• If anyone cheated on me that will be it... Gone forever.. She'll realise she's made a mistake in a few weeks or days

• She thinks he'll change, but I really doubt that he's said that so many times and NEVER CHANGED. he's ridiculous and I want him out of our lives for good

• Tell your mum that she could be brainwashed for all the feelings she has for him. You just need to open her eyes to what that di** really is... And if she doesn't open her eyes his actions will even if that means you having to tell your mum ' I told you so'

• He sounds like a complete jerk and I don't think I could cope with it but I don't agree with interfering with another persons' relationship.

• It's her life and her life choices, but you can try and tell her that you don't think she should get back with him.

• ... No' it only gets worst from there.

• oh well... wot if he actually regreted it?

• I really doubt it because, he actually told her to her face that he wasn't attracted to her anymore, that's why he did what he did...

• Once a cheater always a cheater. 3 times? He is just going to keep doing it to her as many times as she let's him.

What Girls Said 5

• I think that she should have enough sense to for a man that will treat her well instead of a sleaze.

• She sounds like she has battered woman syndrome. Your mother's husband is toxic and she's an idiot for taking him back after he took not one but three other women into their bed.

• Never ever

• I wouldn't because not only is he disrespectful to her but he is also disrespectful to you

• She should NOT do it!

• I agree! Plus he even said he did what he did because he's not attracted to her anymore...