I know the relationship wasn't right and we weren't right for each other. Why doesn't that make it easier to move on?

I'm fully aware that our relationship was kind of unhealthy, we wanted different things, and neither of us was actually what the other was looking for. So why isn't that making moving on easier? It's still so hard and im still so tempted to call him and ask him to meet me somewhere to just talk and see him and hear his voice.

49

Most Helpful Guy

• Because you're hurt, that's why.

You can't expect emotions to just disappear straight after the break, let alone 3 weeks down the line.

A rule of thumb is it takes half the time you were together to get over them. In all honesty that's hogwash. It took me 4-5 months to get over a girl I loved for 5 years, 3-4 months to get over a girl I had been with for 3 years and then 4-5 months for a girl I was with for only a month!

It depends on many factors including the length of the relationship... but more specifically, how hooked up you were on them.

What Guys Said 8

• Familiarity. You have been familiar with him for so long that even knowing it was not great, you still crave that which you are familiar with.

• Well, if you're certain he's not the one for you, maybe having a good discussion and comforting each other could indeed give you a better feeling.
    Except of course if you still have feelings for him and realize the change of success is small. Than, exactly that may be what makes you feel uncomfortable.
    Call it: your heart and your common sense saying different things.
    Hope you'll get through these difficult times and find a good guy who's the ideal match for you :D

• Maybe you value him as a friend, even if you couldn't share your lives together. There's nothing wrong with that, so go ahead and call him.

• I know exactly where you are and you probably don't want to hear it but it took me a year to get past it.

• for how long u've been together then?

• we were together almost 9 months, broke up about 3 weeks ago

• that's not a really long time actually... guess u might b able to move on... unless u knew him BEFORE u were official

• I wasn't asking if it's a long time but thanks so much for your super helpful input!

• I find it hard to disconnect from every relationship I've ever been in. My last one I really didn't even fancy her at all but I still felt like it was tough to end it as she was a nice girl and I didn't want to hurt her.

• umm
    why are you sexy?

• Being alone really sucks sometimes, and it's human nature to want to remember the good times together.

What Girls Said 4

• First of all, I'm sorry about this. I'm going through a shitty break up as well. Spending time with someone and suddenly realizing there's no more, makes it really sad. Time shall heal your wound, but whatever happens, do not contact him, it ended for a reason, and trying to do so might make it even worse. I hope you get better soon, sweetie. <3

• Because feelings aren't rational...

• Because you spent time together, let your guard down, and was comfortable! It's hard to change something your used to doing its not something that you necessarily want to do again with someone else because that once again takes a lot of time and effort. But you have no choice so go make yourself happier and time heals all things! Keep yourself busy and eventually you won't feel this way!

• Because you kinda grown feelings for him.