What's the best way to get over my ex and make myself a better person?

I'm not the sort of person who dates new guys to get over someone. This was a really bad break up. And it's just really hard. Plus my anxiety makes it even worse.

66

Most Helpful Girl

• Get rid of everything that reminds you of this person pictures, gifts, phone number etc.
    You don't have to destroy things unless the person in question was a negative force in your life. Tuck those things away in a safe place. The truth is that later on, you'll be happy you saved the memories, even if the person wasn't the greatest.

What Guys Said 6

• I would say enrich your life. :)

Dive into a hobby or a sport. Something you are (or can grow to be) passionate about. Even better if it's something social or that you can share with others. Fill your time with stimulating, rewarding activities. Read loads of short, interesting novels. Spend some time on Khan Academy or similar. Surround yourself with supportive, caring people. Reach out to family and friends. Be the nexus that connects people by hosting / organising / suggesting activities. Put yourself out there (into the world around you, not the dating scene) and find what makes you happy. This can be your launchpad, the world is yours for the taking. Take care of yourself and the rest will fall into place. Good luck!

• as i told u... how many yars u've been wid him? it might b difficult

• for how many years u've been wid him?

• My advice would be wait till you meet someone you feel comfortable then try dating again.

• Delete all his mails, contacts, pictures, memories in physical form and try to find another guy and fall in love again.

• I would tell you what I do but everyone freaks out on me and I end up getting pissed. It worked for me maybe you try it.

I broke up with my girlfriend if almost 5 years and I moved out of town to get away from drugs, it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life but for about 6 months I was sad as shit. I had a shoe box with 2 love letters and a poem and a few ticket stubs in it. One day I burnt that shit and it was like a viking funeral for my relationship. I 2as imeditly able to let her go and move on for some reason. Don't really know why but it worked for me.

• Hey I'm really trying everything the only reason me and my ex still talk is because I'm waiting on him to give me back 2000 he owes me. I would want it right now I hate waiting I feel like he's making suffer on purpose said he'll give it me when he's ready.

• That sucks. Might be best to just forget the cash. It's only money after all.

What Girls Said 5

• I am sorry there's no short cut for this pain. You have to live through. But it's so normal that you feel depressed, sad. So give yourself some time.
    It will disappear trust me. Just make yourself busy with something. A new hobby, visiting friends, family. It will be gone. Your pain will disappear. Just a matter of time.

• @keyspirits has left plenty and he moves on well fast. He'll give good advice

• First you need to realize that is over and that you need to move on.
    Then you need to delete all messages, photos of him... like break all contact with him, so you don't see or hear anything from him anymore

And I'd do activities, try out new hobbies, meet new people.
    I have met some awesome people by doing this and an awesome enw hobby ^^

• What should I do about the £2000 he owes me? Because it's a lot of money and I need it back because of all the debts he put me in.

• If someone borrowed money I'd expect to get it back... but 2000 ._.
      that leech..

• Indulge in your hobbies.

• Realise that there is nothing to improve. Love the person you are and others will follow suit!