Texting my ex. Should I?

When texting your ex what should you talk about?
I'm gay this is to my ex boyfriend I'm texting. We been broken up since June but have been thinking about trying again in October but he just stopped all of a sudden he's in this relationship with someone he said they been together for eight months but aren't labeling anything. Last week he wished me happy birthday and i caught him staring once while my friend caught him staring multiple times. I went to a function for school which he invited me too and we made eye contact constantly that day.
We been like this for about three years and I've been through this with him before. We were each others first and first in everything else. My friends are like why would he invite you and why would he state and etc.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• If he is with someone else then I would say just leave him alone because it will only break your heart in the end.

• Not understanding the whole looking at me thing. Or the fact he said they been together for eight months and not labeling anything.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want to just be friends, yeah sure go text her.

If you want to attempt to get her back, I'd refrain.