What's your opinion on Divorce?

I'm neutral. Even though I love my parents more than anything in the world and I want them to be happy, I would never forgive them. How about you, what's your opinion on divorce?

1212

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe there are only three reasons that people should divorce.
    -Abuse in any way
    -Infidelity
    -Their partner is an irresponsible fool.

But as far as people divorcing because "we don't love each other anymore, or "we have grown apart" or "our union has run its course, we should move on" is bullshit. Love isn't something that you feel 24-7. Rather, it is a choice that you make. In a marriage, I believe people should take away their egos and learn to be loving and tolerant of one another. I believe the divorce rate would go down to 20% if people listened to me.

What Guys Said 12

• My parents divorced because my sperm donor baptist preacher father had an affair. I don't blame her for the divorce. I divorced because I only married because I got my ex pregnant. We did not love each other. There are some good reasons for divorce. What if he's leading a double life and is a serial killer like Gary Ridgeway?

• It is a certainity that 100% of marriages will not work.
    Divorce cements an irretrievable situation while ensuring all the things legally like custody of children, childrens' support, property split and alimony.
    Divorce is the lesser of two evils compared with the situation "I'm gone, f*** you and the kids".

• Argument - cool down - reconciliation - if doesn't work - counselling - sessions later - if still doesn't work - it's time to be realistic and face reality.

• In general, it's a bad decision especially if there are children involved, but sometimes couples can't live together anymore because their life is turning into hell so in this case they are forced to leave each other before things get worse in their relationship.

• i find that divorce is too quickly turned to as this "get out of jail free" card, instead of the couple sitting down and working out their issues. The institution of marriage has pretty much turned into a sham because of the high turnover of couples getting separated.

• I don't see it as a "get out of jail free" card but I get your point

• You are "neutral" on divorce but would never forgive your parents for divorcing? I only believe in divorce in the case of adultery, or genuine physical abuse, and even then, only when it absolutely cannot be worked out.

• Well I guess I'm against it, and yes i would never forgive them, it's complicated. I completely agree with your opinion

• I hope your parents dont' get a divorce. The lives of my sister and me were forever disrupted. And my sister is still completely messed up from it even 40 years later. It should be used as a very last resort. If people only got divorced for adultery the divorce rate would be around 17%. Still high but a huge improvement.

• People default to it very quickly. Simply having the desire to work out the marriage isn't good enough if the other person doesn't feel like trying to make it work. People see it as a get out of jail card.

• if they r fightin everyday... then divorce's a must!

• Its a very bad Idea unless you have to

• It is the reason why i have never married for it is hard to find a woman you believe you can spend your life with. And I am old school meaning if i commit to something like marriage, i would never divorce

• Sometimes necessary but often caused by a selfish person one way or another.

• I am 100% for Divorce, fuck Counselling, it's not worth it.

What Girls Said 11

• I'm for it, in the sense that I want to be able to have the choice to get a divorce. Sometimes people change in ways you don't expect and can't recover from - I feel like we all deserve to be happy. I'd rather not be stuck in a loveless marriage and end up cheating or something as equally awful.

• Being in a broken family for 14 years I can tell you divorce sucks absolute ass but something that would probably suck more is having parents who lived together that hated each other. I think divorce should only be when you have tried absolutely everything because it ruins children's lives. I am mentally and emotionally fucked up because of it. I don't know what it is like to have a mother and a father who love each other and I think that effected me a lot.

• Honestly, I think if the marriage just isn't working, it's better to just split up.

• I wouldn't force 2 people that don't love each other anymore stay together. Best thing is to try everything possible to work things out and then have a divorce as a last resort.

• well i think if you don't plan to be together for ever and be able to work through your differences problems what ever then you shouldn't have gotten married in the first place i dont believe in it. i believe its a get out of jail free card. i mean there's always going to be circumstances that change up that whole theory and its totally understandable but eh if i ever get married its for life.

• Never forgive them? Why not? Would you want them to stay in an unhealthy and unhappy relationship?

While I do not like divorce, it does need to happen sometimes. My parents should get divorced and I've been telling my mom she should leave my dad for a long time now. She's not happy with him and deserves so much better.

• When I was younger I hoped my parents would get a divorce. But that's changed and I hope they stay together forever.

• It is a healthy thing if two people need to let go of each other. No love ❤ there anymore.

• I personally never want to go through a divorce. I will work as hard as I can to repair my marriage. However, if it is something extreme then divorce should be done. Like if its an abusive relationship or something. If you are not happy.

• If it happens, it happens

• I'd try my best to stay away from getting one. I don't want to be married more than once.