Am I c*** blocking?

So at a Halloween party, I met this guy, and we hit it off pretty well. Later in the night, I left to go to another party. A good friend of mine had been working late, so she showed up to the party late. Her and the guy ended up talking, and they cuddled a little and kissed.

About two weeks ago, I decided to friend him on Facebook, and we started exchanging emails. He lives about an hour away, and a few days ago I was passing through so we met for dinner. It turns out we get along REALLY well.

I asked him about what had happened. He said he and my friend had chatted a few times, but she'd stopped responding so he'd just decided it wasn't going anywhere.

My question is, should I go for this guy? He seems to really like me... but would I be cock blocking my friend? I haven't had a chance to ask her what she thinks of him, and she might have just stopped responding because she's super busy.

Moreover, is he just going for me because she stopped showing interest in him? Am I just second best?

Thanks a lot!
Am I c*** blocking?
1
2