Why would an ex not want to be friends? If an ex is over u y would it be uncomfortable being friends?

My ex wanted to be friends after we broke up. At first I said no cuz i was hurt. Months later I fig I could then handle it. I asked if he still wanted to be friends, he said yes. We talked for awhile and it was all good. Then it stopped for while and if we were still friends he kept giving I don't know answers. I told him I thought I deserved a real answer he then said he was over me and no it wnt work being friends cuz it would b too uncomfortable and frustrating? If ur over someone y would it be uncomfortable? It also took him many days to say he was over me

23

Most Helpful Guy

• He still has feelings, I believe. I'm going through the same thing. They'll try and act as if they are ok with friendship, but deep down they may think it's only a matter of time before you become an item again. If after some time they see that you only want friendship, they may become hurt and back out of your life. The person who has really moved on in the heart and mind is the person who can be a friend.

What Guys Said 2

• guess he's still mad at u, if eh don't even want friends only :)

• In my opinion, whatever was the reason for being "ex" is enough to not want to see each other anymore, even as friends.

What Girls Said 2

• I have the same situation. After 9 years my ex says he wants to be friends but then he is the acts awkward. Maybe I am the one that has truly accepted ans started to move on... he was the dumper too

• Because it's just not comfortable!