Did I do the right thing when I broke up with my boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I had been dating for almost four months, but we never did anything. We hadn't gone on any dates, we never really hung out and we didn't even really kiss. I flirted with other guys all the time, but I never wanted anything to come out of that, but my boyfriend was also looking at other girls and comparing me with them with his friends. It got to the point where i was actively avoiding him.
I broke up with him the day before our 4 month anniversary, then basically blamed him for the whole thing.

It may sound really bad, but I was miserable, and I had been for ages. And while I was miserable, he was apparently in love with me. I jut kinda feel like I broke his heart, but I think it was the best thing for me. But I'm not sure.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• you did the right thing.

What Guys Said 3

• It was obviously stale. There was no reason to stay with him id you weren't happy.

• even so... can u learn if u actually broke his heart or not?

• If u wernt happy u did the right thing

What Girls Said 3

• Same situation. You did the right thing, my friend once said, "if he can't make time for you then he's not worth it' that was something i shouldve done. broke up with him, instead i kept wasting my time.

• To be honest, it wasn't even that he wouldn't make time for me. It was more like we were barely even friends, let alone dating.

• I did the same, i should've stayed friends with my ex first then date. Now, i know what a embarrasing ex i had

• You should talk to him about it and whatever happens in the end hopefully it will make the both of you happy. Good Luck ;)

• it was best, you guys didn't really to seem to be in a relationship.