I've told him already that I'm not one of his friends that he should keep it to himself. He said OK and he won't. The reason is because I don't bring my exes up anymore because that's the past. I just need other ways to get it through to him that I don't care about his and hers relationship I care about ours and that's it. I told him I don't care if she knows were together and I've also ignored him when he talks about her. He pretty much gets the hint it still happens and it's annoying. Someone that has gone through this please help.
Most Helpful Guy
Here's your options:
1) Move on
2) Correct the issue
3) Ignore the issue
4) Get p*ssy, which won't resolve anything
5) Don't do anything
1) Do this if you are sick of everything and not wanting to work it out anymore, you've given him the notifications required (for meaningful relationships) to allow him an opportunity to stop what is bothering you.
2) Say something like "It bothers me when you talk about your ex, let alone when you interact with her, or even think about her. Let's work this out so that it doesn't become a problem" <-- This will open the door to a conversation- express your feelings afterwards and give reasons as to why- then reciprocate the feeling and let him express himself.
3) You could ignore the issue and let it dig at you until you explode. I personally recommend you dont. By ignoring the issue you will bury these thoughts when a) it's not socially acceptable to do anything that regards an "ex"; b) you are bothered about the situation; and c) the issue hasn't been resolved.
4) Yell, scream, rant, and complain about everything - get hostile and say that he doesn't appreciate his feelings. This will, for certain, push him away because he won't understand the blatant attack. He was merely talking about a subject <-- so he thought when it actually bothers you. By exploding, you aren't getting the point across that it bothers you unless he is trying to "read" your reactions. People can't read minds, stay away from option 4)
5) Sit back and kick back, realise why he is trying to discuss his ex - a) was he really caring about her; b) is what she currently doing bothering your man?; c) etc and so forth...
I recommend "option 1" or "option 2" (1) Move on; (2) Correct the issue.