I'm so depressed and lost I just don't know what to do with my self anymore?

I've always felt like I have suffered from depression. 6 years ago I tried to kill my self 4 times and well... Obviously failed. I never saw anyone about it and instead took up bodybuilding and so far I have been dealing with it just! I have low days and good days. However over the last month I've lost my job and my girlfriend has broken up with me and I feel lower than I've ever felt. I'm have a seriously tough time, eating, sleeping training and just every morning is a struggle and I haven't been out the house for 5 days. I have no motivation in finding a new job or even talking to other women or even calling or texting my ex. I have no one to talk to and I'm feeling extremely lonely and lost. At the moment I question life and the point in it. Nothing intrestes me or motivates me anymore and I just don't know what to do.. If anyone has any advice on he to deal with depression and how I can help myself I would really appreciate it.

37

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe a good recipe for feeling better is a combination of non destructive distractions and moments of introspection.

All thoughts and feelings can be so overwhelming that we become numb or have a total meltdown. That is why the distractions are needed to make it possible to "breathe" a little.

Working out at the gym can be an excellent and healthy distraction. It takes a strong body to carry a heavy soul, as I used to say.

For a brief moment after every "distraction" (working out, watching a movie, etc) there can be a moment of clarity where emotions aren't as overwhelming. This is the moment where you slowly try to develop a game plan to get back on track.

Don't think to far ahead. We can't predict the future anyway. Think in matter of weeks and months, not years. Because when we are in a negative place we tend to think that this will continue for years and years unchanged and this will further the depression.

Try to take at least one small step in a positive direction every day. No matter how small that step is, it will make a difference.

What Girls Said 3

• You need a therapist, and possibly anti-depressants and/or other types of chemicals. Everyone goes through depression from time to time; some have it more severe and it lingers. You don't have to feel like this but you do have to get off your rump and go talk to a professional about it. If you don't have insurance or money for that, see if you can find a local university that offers a "sliding scale fee" - you pay what you can based on what you have. But don't sit on your ass and expect it to just resolve itself. And just remember, there are people all over the world dying of hunger. You're a hot-bodied male able to do all kinds of stuff, including EAT. So go eat some therapy, boy and get BETTER!!!

• Yes. These things are definitely normal while dealing with depression. Have you tried therapy? That's the only thing that really works wonders for me. I'm sorry you're going through this, it's tough and I know the feeling. But don't worry, there are always brighter days ahead, even if it may not feel like it right now.

• you should really see a counselor

What Guys Said 6

• Life has its ups and downs but it can only get better. We have to learn to live for the now and not worry about tomorrow. The past is the past there's no need to look back so why not look forward? I recommend that you eat a lot of bananas or foods that contain vitamin B, B12. Get 8 hours of sleep and keep yourself busy.

• Get back into bodybuilding
    find a new job
    find a new hobby

Any or all of these will help, gotta force yaself to feel better.

• do u have anythin that makes u cheerful? :)

• Dont kill urself its gonna be all right

• Join the Marines and go to Afghanistan.

We need men who have nothing to lose.

• If you meant to kill yourself, you would have done, these are more cries for help than anything else. It's probably not depression, sounds more like BPD or something. You should seek counseling and get a proper diagnosis and treatment so you can live a more fulfilling life.