Should I text my ex on his birthday as he did on mine or not?

Over the past few months , my relationship with my ex had been unstable. We had many problems and things that we should sort out , we broke up twice. In the first time ( January ) , we stayed without contacting each other for a while but we couldn't take it any longer , so we went back together , but then after a month ( March ) and after re-thinking about our own desicion again , we broke up again and we didn't talk to each other until it was a very short period before my birthday ( our talks before that day were unfrequent , limited & short ) but on my birthday he sent me a really nice text and we went on talking that day and discussed things more openly again and we agreed that we were just keeping distance till our conditions get better and we decided to treat each other as friends since then , but i was still confused whether I should move on or wait for him , I didn't know how long should I wait , so I talked to him again about it a month later , and after a kinda long discusion , it was decided that everything was over and that was over a month ago and I didn't talk to him since then. We ended things in a good way , and the breakup was kinda mutual and we had complete understanding and respect for each other till the last moment , but the thing is , I don't wanna talk to him ever again so I don't keep falling for him over and over , treating him like a friend hurts , so I opt not to talk to him ever again but his bday is on June 27th and I don't know whether I should text him as he did or not? I don't wanna seem mean or rude , but at the same time I know that talking to him again will make me feel terrible , so what should I do? Sorry for typing all that... Thanks in advance !! :)

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I would. Just a simple and easy "hey! Happy birthday!" Or something. Just as you would a friend.

What Guys Said 1

• Don't text him move on it will be better for both of you

What Girls Said 3

• text her ';l';l';k

• Keep it short, and if he starts pulling you back in, don't reply.

• yeah you should.