Taking a break from the relationship? CALLING ALL GUYS!

my boyfriend of 5 months wants to take a break from the relationship to chill out ... we have been on a break for two weeks now and he has called me a few times during the two weeks to see how I am etc etc ( I haven't called him or text him once ) he says he still has feelings for me etc etc... why do you think he wanted to take a break and what do you think he is feeling and thinking?

18

Most Helpful Guy

• There could be many reasons. if he wasn't really straight up about the reason for the 'break', then it should be his responsibility to let you know, and your right to know. Because you know, its not a good thing to have a girl worry, right? lol

But like I said, there could be many reasons. Some possible reasons. Maybe he's weary of your relentless love for him. lol. Or maybe he feels like the relationship is moving too fast for him and needs to slow down. Or maybe he just needs some time to work on other priorities in his life, such as school, career, family, personal issues, etc. Or maybe he's just plain ol' thinking. Thinking and re-evaluating the relationship and figuring out what he really wants in a relationship. Most of these reasons could be considered 'constructive' towards a relationship.

But if worst comes to worst, it maybe he's losing interest and is trying to let you off 'gently' without the huge disputes, etc. However which we all know leads to more emotional anguish.. so if he's really having you worried, then ask him to be honest with you and open up to you.

I hope this helps. Just try not to worry or overthink about it. I've seen a lot girls do that. It's not a healthy mind frame. You should continue to live your life in all aspects, whether or not you're in a relationship or not. :)

What Guys Said 7

• Breaks are generally caused for unknown reasons - here's some that I have seen happen:

- The individual needs to prepare for comittment

- The individual has been cheating on their significant other.

- The individual may not be having fun in the current relationship

- The individual is looking for an escape path to get out of a bad position w/o hurting feelings

- The individual has another prospect woman in mind and would like to try things with her.

- The individual cannot get over their feelings for an ex.

etc

Best regards,

ArtistBBoy

• Ive never understood breaks, sounds more like an excuse to get with another person to see how it works while honestly saying "I don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend at the time" I have never taken a break from a relation because if you honestly cared and wanted a break, id suggest telling the person honestly that you just wanna go a few days doing whatever alone. Sounds a lot nicer than "I want to take a break from the relation"

• Chances are that he still has things that he wants to do and experience and views the interaction with you as having to give these things up.

It doesn't really matter why he wants the change in relationship. The simple fact is that he does and while you might object, a relationship requires two willing participants and you are shy one of them. I would find something else to do with your time and let the future be what it will.

• I don't think breaks are really necessary. Asking for a little time apart to fix personal matters, is one thing, but breaks usually associate with different things. Why did he want a break? Is it long distance? We need more info.

• yeah my girl always mentioned breaks when we started dating, usualy because her ex was trying to get back with her and she didn't wanna hurt me in the process.

remember, if someone wants to be with you, the word break doesn't exist to them. Why else would a guy or girl want to take a break?

• SIMPLE SIMPLE

There is only ONE reason why a guy wants to "take a break" and that's so he can f*** other men/women without feeling guilty. HE probably still wants to be with you, he just wants a bit of fresh quim on the side.

Tell him there is another guy into you and you don't know what to do... watch him run right back into commitment!

• Wow a whole five months and wants to take a break... what a keeper you have there.

What Girls Said 1

• he most likely wanted to see how yall would do apart. Show him what he's missing make him think of you when your not with him.