Is he coming back?

My boyfriend who I've been with for a year dumped me awhile ago. He ignored me completely but then I got a message from him which really confused me it said:

I think you deserve to know the truth, I'll start by saying I love you, because I do, I really do. But we can't be together right now because I want to get over all of my ex's so that I can focus on you and only you. I don't know how long this is going to take but can you please just give me some time.

Well he hasn't spoken to me at all in three weeks not even a smile or a look in my direction.

Do you think he's lying to me or will he come back?

I want to have an idea so it will help me to move on.

Thank you for all your opinions on this.

He came back to me :) I've never been so happy. It's just the same as before but a million times more special.

73

Most Helpful Girl

• He sounds to me like an ex of mine. We were always rocky because he was still in love with his ex, she really did a number to him. He was torn apart and we got together too soon and she came back into his life and tried to steal him from me. Being the amazing guy that he was, he didn't go back to her but she did drive him crazy.. it was really hard and we ended up splitting up for this very reason. He wanted to stay close to me though, he said he needed a break and that he wanted to get his head together and we were broken up for a couple of months and when I realized he was never going to be the guy for me and that he just had too much baggage, I decided to talk to other people. He was extremely angry with me, but he got over it. He's got a girlfriend now and we talk occasionally.. I guess it depends on the guy, but he could be trying to figure out something in his life that's reappeared. But if you've been together a year, there's a chance that something else is going on. I'd wait until he talks to you again, but confront him about it eventually. You don't deserve to be broken up with after a year and not have a clear reason for it.

What Guys Said 3

• Something doesn't add up here. He's been dating you for a year then all of a sudden he dumps you cause he needs time to get over his ex's? Sorry, but that should've happened before or at the start of your relationship. I would say there is something deeper going on here that he's trying to hide.

• i don't know what he's thinking sounds like he wants to have sex with other girls but wants to know that you will be around when he's done being a whore my advice kick his ass to the curb I lost a women I loved and would do anything to get her back if he wanted you he would make it work

• it sounds like he truly loves you and wants to devote all of his heart to you...i think he'll be back just let him do what he needs to do

• Thanks you were right x

What Girls Said 6

• oh geez the good ol line 'i love you, but I can't be with you'...right. um he's probably with another chick. at least you got a text, one of my ex bf's who dumped meseemingly disappeared off the face of the earth. just move on

• he sounds like a waste of time, you should go out and find someone else don't just wait around for one person to come to you, why would he need to get over any of his ex's if he was so in love with you? go find yourself a new guy and make him see that he lost something good. - don't know if that helps at all.

• Sweetie I hate to say this is bullsh*t but it is...c'mon you've been together for a year...and now all of a sudden he has issues to deal with?r you sh*tting me...this dude obviously has something he's hiding...or maybe he's just trying to find an easy way to break up(he's fed up) and now he's trying to make it seem like its not you its him(trash)...move on..have fun..if he wants he'll come around..if he doesn't then so be it...LIVE YOUR LIFE

• im so glad it worked out for u! kinda the same thing happened to me dated for a long time then he dumped me (2 months ago) now he likes me agian and we flirt and stuff but I don't know why he hasn't asked me out again yet... is time all he needs?

• Congrats :) I'm also going though a similar situation.. I hope it works out as well as yours

• That's just weird. Was he seeing alll of his ex s at the same time while he was dating you? was that a mass text?