Is this normal behaviour for my ex's mom or is it just rude and immature?

So I broke up with my very immature boyfriend who relies on his mom for a lot in his life (We're 18) and now I'm really good friends with his best friend (who doesn't actually like him anymore). My friend and I went out for coffee AS FRIENDS this morning and saw my ex's mom. She waved so he waved back and so did I. Then she gave me a glare and shook her head. My friend then started to get a bunch of texts from her saying stuff like "What would (ex) say about this? Does he know you talk to her? She's a bad person and you shouldn't be friends with her. I thought your loyalty was with (ex) because you've been friends longer. Tell her to never wave at me again." and more like that. Is this normal behaviour or is it flat out rude? Should I say anything or just ignore it?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Mom is the reason son is like a little girl or immature, she has got to be his role model which is sad. Old woman needs to get a grip. Nasty words coming from an old woman means she is sad, hateful and will never be happy which her son will inherant but most of all she will always be poor.

What Guys Said 3

• That's incredibly immature behaviour for a parent. It is probably a good thing that you are no longer dating her son. You can see where he gets his immaturity from.

Don't bother saying anything - if she is petty like that she will clearly not take the high road, and not act like the adult in the situation, and end up resorting to petty bickering. You have nothing to gain by engaging her.

• ignore it... sounds like he's a momma's boi :|

• Nah fuck that bitch. Just do you.

What Girls Said 2

• Your ex's mom is acting like a cunt so just ignore her. It's none of her business.

• It's best to ignore and be glad you are away from that type of drama. You can't control others actions and it takes the bigger person to just excuse themselves from all that.