I feel like I can't find anyone better than my ex... am I just not over it yet even tho I feel I am?

Basically this guy I was with for 6 months was the best short relationship I've ever been in. Him and I were a great pair- we had so much in common, we understood each other's humor, and I've literally never kissed someone better than him. We had physical chemistry I cannot replace. We mutually ended it about 5 months ago because we were moving away from each other (we're about 4 hours apart now).
I've been seeing new people, but I feel like I haven't met one who has even slightly matched the standards he set for me. I can't seem to connect as deeply to any of them as I did him. Even physically, I don't think I've been with someone yet or ever had someone I've felt that 'wow'ed by.
TBH, I wish I could make things work with him, because I feel like I lost a once in a lifetime guy. I talked to him about it, he feels much the same except he refuses to date anyone long distance. I don't blame him either, I don't really have time for that.
Am I just not over him? Any recommendations of what I should do?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• You Obviously have not begun your beguine of licking all of your war wounds so don't try and go out right now and find someone whom you may be trying to replace the other one with... he will only end up a Rebound Robert and someone will be bound to get hurt in the end.
    You are Not ready so it's best to start strictly Friendship if you decide to Continue "Seeing new people." The one who got away has made it quite clear that he isn't into LDR so this has given you the answer to move on and go slow with your flow so eventually you can Actually... move on.
    Although it is hard to forget someone whom was and still is so special and right now, no one can compare to him, I feel it best to lose contact with the Ex because with him in the picture, you are having problems getting on with your life and knowing what you do about how he feels with LDR, it's just going to prolong the inevitable.
    No, you are Not 'Over him,' not by far here, dear.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for allowing me to lend a helping hand and hope soon you will be on the right track again. xxoo

• No thank you!! I really appreciate it!

• :)) xxoo

What Guys Said 1

• guess u think yer X was da only guy... did u had any other guys except him in da past?

• yes I've had three serious relationships before him, not something new to me. I guess its not that I think he's the only guy, I feel he's been the best match I've had if you get what I mean.

What Girls Said 2

• You possibly "think" there's no one better than him because you're not entirely over him, your mind is still fogged and with him in your head other guys will feel dull to you.
    Be patient, and let time pass by, you'll get over him and thats gonna be the best time to look for another boyfriend.
    I know you'll get the right guy :)
    If you really want to, try therapy to help get rid of your ex faster, but I wouldn't spend the money on it, psychiatrists are pricy.

• you're just not over him.