Guys, what's the best way to act around my ex?

I'm having a hard time figuring out the best way to act around my ex. We broke up last week, but we've dated before (and broke up before), so this isn't a new experience for either of us. This past week, we've managed to be pretty friendly with one another, and talk to each other like any two classmates would (we go to the same school). So, it's been alright. This coming week marks the last week of school until summer break, and I'm just assuming we won't be seeing each other all summer because he'll be gone and because, well, we're not dating. It's important to me that we leave off on a good note, because I tend to stress a whole lot about any tension that might exist between us. It would just be ideal to know that we're leaving for summer on the best terms possible. I'm not sure if I should express all of this to him, and talk to him on the last day of school to basically say I hope we're leaving off on the right note? Or should I not say anything, and just be friendly? I'm going to be friendly no matter what, but I'm wondering if I should have a "final talk" with him of sorts, just to make sure we're all good? Part of me is worried that talking to him will make me come off as weak/vulnerable, and he'll leave for summer with a bad impression of me.
Thoughts on what to do?

2

What Guys Said 2

• I would be just friendly and polite not overcomplicate things with a big talk.

• Just say hi casually, smile and move on. As if nothing good or wrong ever happened.