Ever have something you wanted so badly to say to your ex after they ended things with you?

Was it some angry parthian shot, something apologetic, something you wanted to say but never got a chance to? If so, what?

I've averaged between one and three hours of sleep a night over the last month and a half. I've written down and re-written what I wanted to tell her probably a dozen times already, but attempted no contact. Don't want to come off as desperate or something, but the hard truth is I still love her, even if she concluded life was taking us in different directions. I found a way it could have worked and have no way now to tell her.

This break-up is kicking my ass...

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I have. Things ended between us when he cheated on me.
    I had a LOT to tell him. I'd spend hours going over it with friends, usually over drinks. Or if we were hungover from said drinks. What I wanted the most was to just talk to him, let him know what a terrible person he was and to ask where I went wrong. what I didn't give him that led him to cheating on me. If not that, I wanted him to own up to being a complete ass. That went on for a few months in the summer, though it continued in my mind for around a year.

I never got a chance to tell him how I felt. Shortly after I had mostly gotten over it, he messaged me on FB apologizing. Honestly, it didn't feel that great. It was nice to hear him owning up to behaving terribly, but what did that give me aside from a teeny bit of redemption? Nothing. It didn't take away all the tears I had cried, drinks I drank, etc.. The pain was the same. It didn't erase the past.

All I really said in response to his apology was that yeah, it was a rough time but I'd prefer not to be friends. Case closed.

What Girls Said 2

• what way did things end?

• yup, i feel you.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, I wanted to tell her that her "Master Resilience" training was a complete and utter failure, and that if her instructors knew how she treated me after completed said course, they would be extremely disappointed, ashamed, and probably would have revoked her grades. Also that she's a coward. Questions?

• i'd rather not... coz she may go mad if i did :(

• I'm afraid of disrupting her with this news too. It could be good for her career, the information I had for her, but if she's already made different plans... if she's anywhere as distracted by this breakup as I've been, it would be better if she never knew. She has more important things to be focused on right now, I know that, and I don't want to be a distraction.

• Hindsight is everything