Exes who leave and return. Did the "new" relationship last and get better than ever? Or did it fail?

Hello everyone,

Just want to hear your stories about your ex's that break it off and come back.

Did it work out better than ever?

Or did it fail miserably?

Are you still friends with them?

Also, the cause of the break up and how long did you date for?

Thanks for sharing.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope it never worked for me! the first time she came back I think she got it in her head that I would always take her back, and I did. So she kept doing it for about 2 years she was doing this. And then the third year she broke it off completely, but came back when she got sick of her man. She never took me back competely but we had sex and everything that involves datiing. I can't even count how many times she left me and came back! Too many times to count. So yes it failed miserably! She wanted to be friends and I triend for awhile and the only reason the friend thing lasted as long as it did was because we were having sex, which lasted that the last year of our relationship. It felt like we were dating, so really it wasn't a friendship, we just had nothing else to call it because we didn't have the actual label. Be careful with it because you could get hurt. I got hurt over and over. It was partly my fault because I let it continue. Hurt me once, shame on you...hurt me twice shame on me!

What Guys Said 3

• Oh and 1 more thing.

It will only work if the person ur going back to really loves you, and he/she doesn't find out what happend on this period you were apart, and if nothing did happen, then it will work fine, but it will not be 100% like it was before. The other person will have to build trust again, so it might be a stuggle at first

• Depends why you left, and if you left for some1 else, then it depends on if ur ex fouund out.

This has happened to a couple of my friends, some of the girls thought they could find better, so they left, only to find jerks, and returned. Some of my buddies took them back, some didnt. You have to remeber though, if you did do this, those are ur consequences.

My ex left me for another guy, only to see that she's with an idiot.

• No, because the same problems came back, and I don't agree with mshaker it takes more than love for a relationship to work. You both have to be truly committed to eachother. You can love someone and not be ready for a relationship.

We dated for 3 yrs.

What Girls Said 2

• I've seen fails, and I have seen successes. It all depends on the circumstances. It usually fails if the breakup was over something bad, such as one of them abused the other, or they're only together because they don't want to be lonely. The successful ones were usually over things such as the first time around it was bad timing.

My ex and I got back together and have been together for 2 years since, we broke up for 8 months. It just wasn't the right time, I was travelling and he was in school, we had no time to focus on us, but we still cared for each other. When that was all done, we ended up getting back together.

• I haev had many ex's that break it off and we stayed friend and even got beck togther later it never felt the same as the first time we dated but it was fun. The relationship changed after we became friends the best relationship you can have is with your best friend.