Text her back, I feel bad, but is it the right thing to do?

Today my ex girlfriend who I haven't talked to in three weeks texted me asking to talk. I didn't respond. Then later on, I recieved a serries of messages asking if I could phone her, someone in her family died, and that she just really needed someone to talk to today. Then she said nvm. I get that she wants to talk because we were in love for a year and a half but, everyone has told me up to this point that she can't just phone you whenever she needs to talk to you. She has friends to talk to, (not very good friends), but that I shouldn't be dragged into her issues because she dumped me. I totally undertand this but, I feel bad at the same time. She probably does miss me, and quite frankly I miss her too, and do want to message or phone her and talk to her but I'm not sure what the outcome will be. She may ask to be friends again but she was so mean to me during our break up, esspesially when I wasn't up for talking to her. What should I do?

35

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, there's a boundary your going to have to create in this situation... You could be there for her and let her express how she's feeling but that's it. Or you can be her friend yet discuss small details of your relationship. And since she misses you of course your her go to person to tell all of her problems too. And it's a given that she was mean to you after your break up, there never easy sadly... I think you can be her friend but don't rush into being her boyfriend unless you want too. Even if you want to, I would wait and practice on being her friend first. Best of luck!

What Girls Said 2

• DONT RESPOND ITS A HORRIBLE TRAP. You two will magically fall back in love for another year in a half and she will eventually dump you the same way. I see it all the time.

• just text her.

What Guys Said 5

• People change and rethink a lot of things when someone dies. Maybe she will regret dumping you and you can get her back. Maybe now she's realized you were the only one who treated her well when all her so called friends probably ignored her calls. Just text bro. She still is a human with feelings, even though she dumped you. What do you have to lose?

• I think you did the right thing. She can't expect you to be there whenever she needs you after she dumped you

• sendin a text sn't bad... yet don't insist if she doesn't respond :)

• Family death, if you knew them, text her

• Just text her back.